Author Topic: .NET framework 3.5 unspecified error???  (Read 2656 times)

I want to install .net framework 3.5, but an error that doesn't show any codes or additional text keeps popping up right before the actual download starts:

I've got windows 7, and here are the exact same things I did:

1. I went here and downloaded it via the red rectangular button.
2. I ran the file as administrator (the account I use isn't administrator but I know the pass), it pops up and extracts files for a second and then runs setup.
3. A window similar to the pictured window above opens with the "MICROSOFT SOFTWARE SUPPLEMENTAL LICENSE TERMS", options for choosing yes or no and the text box for the license. And it has the .net framework logo and window layout.
4. I click on accept and then hit install.
5. The download says it's complete, and right before it's about to install, the above picture comes up and doesn't do anything more. So I click exit.
6. I try this's exact steps and the same error keeps happening.

And I haven't tried any more. Augh, I want to do this. It seems like any official install to windows like always seems to go wrong.

Bump because it got to the third page when no one was looking.

Just curious, do you have Win7 with SP1 and all your necessary windows updates installed?

Just curious, do you have Win7 with SP1 and all your necessary windows updates installed?
My computer just did some updates, so it's current. I tried to run it again and the same error keeps happening.

And as far as SP1 is concerned, all I did was try to install 3.5. I don't know much about SP1 or stuff, I just needed to get .net framework installed.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:17:06 AM by 300spartan »

Is there any specific reason you need .NET 3.5?
If your running Windows 7 wouldn't you want .NET 4 or 4.5?

My computer just did some updates, so it's current. I tried to run it again and the same error keeps happening.

I don't know much about SP1 or stuff, I just needed to get .net framework installed.

SP1 stands for Service Pack 1 and is a collection of updates and fixes for windows 7.

I make no guarantees, but its entirely possible that updating to service pack 1 via Windows Update may help you out with your problem getting .net to work.

Is there any specific reason you need .NET 3.5?
If your running Windows 7 wouldn't you want .NET 4 or 4.5?
The thing I want to do requires 3.5 and I don't really want to take chances with a newer version. It might not work for what I want to do.

SP1 stands for Service Pack 1 and is a collection of updates and fixes for windows 7.

I make no guarantees, but its entirely possible that updating to service pack 1 via Windows Update may help you out with your problem getting .net to work.
Thanks. I'll try that.
EDIT: Apparently I've already got SP1.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:56:28 AM by 300spartan »

The thing I want to do requires 3.5 and I don't really want to take chances with a newer version. It might not work for what I want to do.
I'm assuming you need 3.5 because your developing an application for an older version(s) of Windows?

I'm assuming you need 3.5 because your developing an application for an older version(s) of Windows?
No. I don't think it's necessary to say what this is for, that's not the topic in question here.
I still can't install it, the original problem keeps happening.

No. I don't think it's necessary to say what this is for, that's not the topic in question here.
I still can't install it, the original problem keeps happening.
Just saying, if the application specifically says it needs 3.5, it should do fine with 4.0 or 4.5

Just saying, if the application specifically says it needs 3.5, it should do fine with 4.0 or 4.5
Maybe, but it's still a risk anyhow. I don't want to take chances when I know 3.5 will work.
And I'm out of ideas on how you could try to get this installer working.

Bomp + I got .net framework 4 installed.

Maybe, but it's still a risk anyhow.
What. How the hell is it a ris-
Bomp + I got .net framework 4 installed.
Okay then, nevermind.

Since I got the framework installed, I guess I got it fixed. Locking.