JJ Abrams will direct Star Wars VII

Author Topic: JJ Abrams will direct Star Wars VII  (Read 3085 times)

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/01/its-official-disney-confirms-that-jj-abrams-will-direct-the-next-star-wars-episode-vii/
Yup, he has Star Wars and Star Trek in his hands now.
Do you think it was live up to the previous 6?

/discuss
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:37:25 AM by Crêpe »

hes the guy who made that loving horrible Star Trek movie in 2009 which totally ruined it and was a last attempt to suck some money out of it

aka star wars is dead

Maybe it will be less horrible then

by the way its star wars VII, not VIII

by the way its star wars VII, not VIII
oh right, sorry
changing

this is a terrible idea.

As long as it has Clones. And what the hell would episode vii be about? Han Solo's son becomes Sith Lord and Luke's son is a major figure in the New Republic? Clone Civil War?

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it

they are filming some scenes in a Kent supermarket!?

I haven't seen Star Trek, but the little I have seen of it is really good. Maybe VIII will actually be decent.

As long as it has Clones. And what the hell would episode vii be about? Han Solo's son becomes Sith Lord and Luke's son is a major figure in the New Republic? Clone Civil War?
Well you see, a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

honestly jj abrams might turn it around

I very much enjoyed his Star Trek renewal, and am looking forward to the sequel.

I'm not overly concerned about the new Star Wars films because even if they're absolutely stuffty, it doesn't change how good the previous ones were.
But, I like Abrams, I like the spirit he puts into making his films, and I do think he could give it some justice.

I'm more interested in what plot they shall follow, if it's one based off of stories already laid down by the comic books and the many other media portrayals of the Star Wars Universe, or not.

And although I said I don't really care if they do it bad, since it won't reflect poorly on previous films, I do hope they try to avoid including old characters. Obviously the actors from the Original Trilogy are way too old now. Some you can do, sure, like Chewie, R2-D2 and C-3PO, but I'd hate to see them bring in new actors to try and play old, very familiar, characters, and end up not looking anything like them or acting at all like them.

I'm imagining Maria Bello replacing Rachel Weisz in The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.
Which was a stuff film and crappy sequel to the previous two brilliant films, but she didn't help with her poor acting.

I haven't seen Star Trek, but the little I have seen of it is really good. Maybe VIII will actually be decent.

star trek is great but JJ Abrams ruined it :(
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:09:26 AM by Port »