Author Topic: women can now serve in combat roles  (Read 3086 times)

Now love appeal shall distract our soldiers in battle.

Now love appeal shall distract our soldiers in battle.
since DADT was repealed, I bet that wasn't too uncommon anyway

Presumably (or as I've been told by teachers) the reason women can't serve on the frontlines as infantry in the British Army is because they may distract male soldiers, but also because a male is much more likely to risk his own life by protecting a female than another male, and may make rash decisions that endanger himself, the women or his entire squad.

But according to a number of people I've spoken to who have been part of the Armed Forces, the reason behind it is because frontline infantry are much more likely to die.
And it looks much worse on the news, and for national and military morale, if a woman dies on the frontlines rather than a man.


That said, these days women can be frontline medics, where they're just as likely to be injured or killed, or can be assault helicopter pilots or any other sort of position, which are all exceedingly dangerous anyway.
I wouldn't be too surprised if Britain follows suit and eventually gives women access to frontline infantry. It'll raise debate, but it will probably be accepted.

Bad and stupid idea. We should let children serve in combat too, since we're obviously out to make combat as dangerous as possible for our troops.
are you anti-everything or do you just love starting stuff?

No, just a really bad joke.

Wow they talk about women like they were surprised they can actually do the same things a men can do.
I guess it took long enough for them to make them more equal

Wow they talk about women like they were surprised they can actually do the same things a men can do.
I guess it took long enough for them to make them more equal
Now go fill out your selective service paper when you turn 18.

They better be drafted too.
Then again, there isn't a draft.


I say we start a war just to draft a bunch of women.

Yeah.... I don't wanna fight....

So can Arma 2 update and let the women models be used finally?

So can Arma 2 update and let the women models be used finally?
Ha I'd rather not have nagging going on while I'm trying to conduct a combat operation

Fun Fact: Women are 2x times more likely to get PTSD
Also:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:53:41 AM by Kevdude »

Took long enough. Hopefully women will soon be allowed to do everything men can do.

I've heard that when a group of women stay together for long enough, their bodies start to sync their menstruation cycles.


Just



just putin that out there

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:09:39 PM by Heitmeyers »

This was already a thing.
No it wasn't.
Women could serve in the military, but they would always be assigned non-combat roles.
If you honestly think you have a 100% choice as to what you do in the military, you must be living in a fantasy land. Once you are sworn in, you will do whatever the Military wants you to do. There are tons of guys (and women) in the Air Force who want to be pilots and fly jets and stuff, instead, the higher-ups slot them into navigation jobs or even technician jobs, making them sit in a chair for years before even giving them the chance of being a pilot. There's a reason it's called the Chair Force.

This is a very good thing for women, regardless. This opens thousands of combat roles to women now, almost voiding the whole "to the needs of the military" thing for a while.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:18:19 PM by TheChaosCarrier »