Author Topic: Windows is forgeted up  (Read 1862 times)



Its not exact but it pretty much looks like this
What does the info say on your error?

I had a similar problem yesterday. Windows fails to find it's own partition in the hard-drive.

I fixed my problem by switching the sata cables inside the computer with each other.


Unplug all the hard-drives except your main one where Windows is installed. Put the sata cable on the Sata 1 connector inside your computer on the motherboard. If it doesn't work put it on Sata 2 and so on.

What does the info say on your error?
thats exactly what it is..

I had a similar problem yesterday. Windows fails to find it's own partition in the hard-drive.

I fixed my problem by switching the sata cables inside the computer with each other.


Unplug all the hard-drives except your main one where Windows is installed. Put the sata cable on the Sata 1 connector inside your computer on the motherboard. If it doesn't work put it on Sata 2 and so on.

I'll try that.. but I don't think thats really the problem.  It happened when the computer turned off while installing something

thats exactly what it is..

I'll try that.. but I don't think thats really the problem.  It happened when the computer turned off while installing something

Mine happened when I took apart my PC to install a new heatsink. I put the sata cables in the wrong order.

Haven't really upgraded in a while so thats not exactly whats happening with me :/

Put Puppy Linux on a flash drive/boot disc and try to recover your files that way.


I had a similar problem yesterday. Windows fails to find it's own partition in the hard-drive.

I fixed my problem by switching the sata cables inside the computer with each other.


Unplug all the hard-drives except your main one where Windows is installed. Put the sata cable on the Sata 1 connector inside your computer on the motherboard. If it doesn't work put it on Sata 2 and so on.
Switching SATA cables shouldn't make a difference unless your disc drive doesn't work now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:31:29 PM by dorkdotdan »

I had a similar problem yesterday. Windows fails to find it's own partition in the hard-drive.

I fixed my problem by switching the sata cables inside the computer with each other.


Unplug all the hard-drives except your main one where Windows is installed. Put the sata cable on the Sata 1 connector inside your computer on the motherboard. If it doesn't work put it on Sata 2 and so on.

I used to have that problem.

I had to press F11 whenever windows booted and manually tell it to boot on the right drive.

Which Windows version? Anyway, assuming you're on Vista or 7, try downloading Hiren's Boot CD, boot into "mini XP", and verify that you can access your disk drives. If you can, use BootICE to rebuild your "BCD".

It happened when the computer turned off while installing something

Oh, that explains a lot. Try using System Restore.

First, look at this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode
Boot into Safe Mode.

Then, look at this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore


I'll try that thanks
if you can't even boot to the mbr without issues:

Assuming you're on Vista or 7, try downloading Hiren's Boot CD, boot into "mini XP", and verify that you can access your disk drives. If you can, use BootICE to rebuild your "BCD".

UPDATE:
I have gotten a windows 7 installation disk.  I tried installing an pressing "upgrade" however that had not worked.  I think I am going to install linux.  If I do, where will all my files and programs be listed, so that I can install them?  Thanks

Also, will I only need to back up my C Drive, as that is the one windows installs on, or do I need to back up my F and D drives also?

EDIT:
What one should I choose there are so many ;~; http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%20Latest%20Release.htm
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:52:42 PM by WALK2222 »

I would recommend you just fix your current problem..

I would recommend you just fix your current problem..
Can't fix my current problem without downloading linux.
With linux I can access my hard drive, and backup all my files, I can then re-install windows 7

www.ubuntu.com

burn to a blank cd/dvd 12.04

mount C: and mount some external harddrive or something with gigabytes of space.

copy files to the external media.

reinstall windows.