Author Topic: Windows is forgeted up  (Read 1860 times)

The other day I was installing microsofts direct x for steam. My computer randomly shut down when that happened (maybe a power outage I'm not sure). Anyway when I turned it on, it booted with an error screen. Saying there was a problem with windows. It said that I should use the install cd given to me by my computer manufacturer. Sadly my computer has been upgraded a TON and I didn't have the install cd. Also my disk drive is currently broken.

So I created a repair USB with a pc running windows 7 that I have. I plugged in the USB, set bios to boot from that, and everything seemed to be working fine. I waited for the windows repair to finish. Finally after a couple minutes it did. I turned on the computer, set bios to boot normally and the same error code popped up again. I tried again, same result. I tried once more and the windows 7 operating system was GONE.

Now I don't know what to do. I just can't believe that all this loving trouble was caused by that. I don't even know if it was, but this is a huge problem. I am extremely stressed by this and don't know where else to turn.

I really do NOT want to lose all my files, Programs, etc. That would be so horrible.

I'm really sorry but I won't be able to answer replies tonight. I am going to sleep now, it's extremely late. Anyway thanks guys :/
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:25:33 PM by WALK2222 »

You could install linux for the time being?

You could install linux for the time being?
yeah I'm pretty sure you could do this and recover all your old files

I'm pretty sure you can skip windows recovery, and installing directx should have no effect on the OS unless it's located where windows is.

You most likely sped through menus and rather then doing a repair you did a system restore.

Your files most likely are gone.

If I installed a Linux operating system would all my files be deleted?
And I made sure I did not do a system restore.

If I installed a Linux operating system would all my files be deleted?
install Linux to a flash drive and boot from the USB

What's the error exactly? Explain or pic.

If I installed a Linux operating system would all my files be deleted?
And I made sure I did not do a system restore.
No just boot off a drive and recover the files.

No just boot off a drive and recover the files.
Alright :s
Can someone suggest me a good Linux OS I can use until I get back windows 7?
And that I can see all my previous files and programs with.

What's the error exactly? Explain or pic.
And I'll get one later today

Wait until you see windows 8 its even worse




Its not exact but it pretty much looks like this

Windows 8 is p good actually. The only thing they changed was the start menu.