Author Topic: Problem w/ Sunlight and loading map  (Read 4242 times)

For some reason my map stops loading when it comes to the lighting sequence, and then it just crashes. I think this is because my map is too big and it can't light it properly. But, when I try to resize it in QuArK, it says that some of the textures are too small or deformed, so I have to keep it at the size it is at.

I know for sure that it won't load because I tried taking out the code for the sun and it loaded, and when I added a sun and saved it, it wouldn't load. Is there any way to fix this? If anyone needs the map to find the problem I'll be glad to give it to them.

So its an interior file? if so, I think you might try simplifying the mesh.

I don't have much experience in Quark so I'm no help there. :(

For some reason my map stops loading when it comes to the lighting sequence, and then it just crashes. I think this is because my map is too big and it can't light it properly. But, when I try to resize it in QuArK, it says that some of the textures are too small or deformed, so I have to keep it at the size it is at.

I know for sure that it won't load because I tried taking out the code for the sun and it loaded, and when I added a sun and saved it, it wouldn't load. Is there any way to fix this? If anyone needs the map to find the problem I'll be glad to give it to them.
PM it to me and I'll have a look see.

lol yes I am. I'm just having some trouble getting it to load in retail.

I don't suppose we can have any hints as to what it is?

lol yes I am. I'm just having some trouble getting it to load in retail.
Weird, what happened to the person who posted above me?

lol sure I'll give you a hint, "Bioshock"

lol sure I'll give you a hint, "Bioshock"

0_o   Your making the underwater city....er.."Rapture"!

No protectors please.

Oh so that was what it was, its not Bioshock but it can be a-like Bioshock.

Ya, I don't have a map of rapture, so I can't recreate that, but I'm making it somewhat similar. I still have a lot of work to do though, as Packer saw lol.

Ya, I don't have a map of rapture, so I can't recreate that, but I'm making it somewhat similar. I still have a lot of work to do though, as Packer saw lol.

But its an underwater base/city right? Thats the idea?

But its an underwater base/city right? Thats the idea?
Right, its supposed to be an entire city, just like rapture. You might even see some blocko-style big daddies. I didn't know anyone would be interested so I'll post some early screens: (A LOT more detail will go into these buildings so don't worry)

---

I have one more problem, my map randomly starts whiting-out in certain areas. The same thing happened when I ported vice city to retail, but I forgot how I fixed it. Anyone know how to get rid of this problem?

What do you mean whiting out?

In certain areas of the map, the entire interior turns white and some textures randomly flicker when I move. I noticed this usually happens when I move in an angle, not when I go go straight forwards or backwards. I decided to just rebuild the map from the ground up and make each building a seperate file, and see if that works.

Have you tried the map on any other computers, to see if its just a problem with your computer?