Router problems. [urgent]

Author Topic: Router problems. [urgent]  (Read 2154 times)

Hello.
Today someone was messing with the router, and changed the connection type to PPPoE, so that I don't have to dial a connection every time and the router does it for me. [Figure 1]

Problem is, after this, when I tried to start up blockland, I noticed it wouldn't let me play online until I turned off some security options. [Figure 2]

Now, I can't host anymore, my ports are forwarded, and it's obviously that change that's causing the problem, anyway to fix it?
This is urgent since I need to be able to host to work on my kazl, and have people helping me along.
Thank you.

1. why was someone playing with the router, does anyone pay attention in your house?
2. theres no dial up selection in that drop down menu?

1. My friends dad who has a lot of computer knowledge did that, I could always change it back, but I don't want to, it is much more officiant this way.

2. Why the hell would I want a dial up connection?

I don't even think they make dial-up routers anymore... Furthermore, why would you want to route 56Kb datastreams?

Anyway, why do you have PPPoE selected? Do you have a DSL modem? I have mine at DHCP, cable modem.

Also, I have all but one of those security things ticked, and mine still works. "Filter Internet NAT Redirection" is what I have unticked.

Errr... No edit button.

If you have a DSL modem, try getting on your DSL modem's settings, something might be set right.

I remember I had a rough time getting a DSL modem (from AT&T) and the same, exact router as you have, to work with each other. But if you're online you should be good.

Stupid question, because I know you do, but do you have your ports forwarded?

Errr... No edit button.

If you have a DSL modem, try getting on your DSL modem's settings, something might be set right.

I remember I had a rough time getting a DSL modem (from AT&T) and the same, exact router as you have, to work with each other. But if you're online you should be good.

you too? well my stuff worked well at least

Errr... No edit button.

Yes, my ports are forwarded.
I have PPPoE set because I have a DSL modem, or at least so I think, I'm that great with internet connections, the guy that came do to this knew what he was doing, so I guess I do have a DSL modem.
How would I go about changing my DSL modem's settings?

Errr... No edit button.

Yes, my ports are forwarded.
I have PPPoE set because I have a DSL modem, or at least so I think, I'm not that great with internet connections, the guy that came do to this knew what he was doing, so I guess I do have a DSL modem.
How would I go about changing my DSL modem's settings?
Just so you don't get me wrong..

Since the point to point connection established has an MTU lower than that of standard Ethernet, it can sometimes cause problems with badly configured firewalls.

You'll have to find the IP address for your DSL modem.

Router is, of course: 192.168.1.1 usually
DSL Modem, should be your default gateway, go into Start > Run > "cmd" > "ipconfig", I'd think at least. I forget how I found the IP address for the one i worked on.

If not, I'll try to google it. Might try Googling you DSL modems model #, see if it's posted any where.

Urgent post is urgent.

Solution: Upgrade to cable and pay $30 instead of $9.95.

DO IT friend. <3

Urgent post is urgent.

Solution: Upgrade to cable and pay $30 instead of $9.95.

DO IT friend. <3
Do you have any fucking clue what you're talking about?
Seriously, I don't want any bullstuff here, especially not from you, gtfo.
I thank the rest of you for helping, I am now trying out what Awoken said.

You'll have to find the IP address for your DSL modem.

Router is, of course: 192.168.1.1 usually
DSL Modem, should be your default gateway, go into Start > Run > "cmd" > "ipconfig", I'd think at least. I forget how I found the IP address for the one i worked on.

If not, I'll try to google it. Might try Googling you DSL modems model #, see if it's posted any where.
The default gateway just happens to me my router, 192.168.1.1
Trying google now.

I hate triple posting, but there is no damn edit button.
Nothing seems to come up on google, is there any other way I could set my router to be using the same method but this time actually allowing ports to be forwarded?