Some (4?) forum accounts compromised

Author Topic: Some (4?) forum accounts compromised  (Read 34039 times)

I always thought the "Secret question" password recovery system of any website was often flawed.  The questions they let you choose from are sometimes easier to guess than your password is.  Mother's maiden name?  First Pet's name?  Favorite Teacher?

Jeez half the people I know could figure those out/search for it.

I always thought the "Secret question" password recovery system of any website was often flawed.  The questions they let you choose from are sometimes easier to guess than your password is.  Mother's maiden name?  First Pet's name?  Favorite Teacher?

The worst is " City where you where born"

You could seriously just find that out from Facebook within ten seconds

"Secret" Question

lol.

I don't share my facebook with people unless I trust them completely.

I don't share my facebook with people unless I trust them completely.

You do realize that you don't have to hand your Facebook link to someone for them to gain access to it, right ?

Is it just me or is "Compromised" making anyone else think in military terms, such as shot and killed.

Is it just me or is "Compromised" making anyone else think in military terms, such as shot and killed.
not really because that is not even what "compromised" means.

compromised

(*) A term applied to classified matter, knowledge of which has, in whole or in part, passed to an unauthorized person or persons, or which has been subject to risk of such passing. See also classified matter.

Agreed. I've seen a few websites with harder ones like "What was the city of your first kiss?" and stuff like that, but people that know you could pretty easily figure it out.

Agreed. I've seen a few websites with harder ones like "What was the city of your first kiss?" and stuff like that, but people that know you could pretty easily figure it out.

My bank has some really stuffty ones, like mothers middle name, favorite sports team, and things like that. The only decent one is what's your first car. But there's not a ton someone could do with my bank account online.

K.I.A. makes me think more "shot and killed"

RRA is a reference to a hacking clan.

The link is as follows (CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK): http://www.oocities.org/poka4444/

RRA is a reference to a hacking clan.

The link is as follows (CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK): http://www.oocities.org/poka4444/
Nice bump.

Not really that big of a bump.

The linked site also is from 2009 which is still possibly relevant or could be some wannabe script kiddie who took the RRA name.