Author Topic: I've been looking through some old chat logs.  (Read 646 times)

So, I've been going through some old chat logs, and I've noticed a trend.  In general, the community surrounding Blockland has become alot less... fun.  Just, in general, the users are more whiny, more likely to harass you, or just plain old stupid and unwilling to learn.  Maybe it's just me, I've been playing for a long time, so naturally my perception of other users has changed(along with my responses).  Or it could be the fact that I haven't hosted for a while.  All of these chat logs are from a time when I hosted just about every day of the week.  Now I just hang out in other people's servers, or mess around in my own passworded server.

Is it just me?  Has anyone else noticed this as well?

I would post the chat log I'm dealing with, but its 3.44MB(dating from 12/28/11 to today), so It's going to take a while to go through and remove all of the... personal stuff(not just my own personal stuff either).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:33:01 AM by Dglider »

I think I kinda agree with this, but like you and many others have said, maybe it's just perception of change.

When I first joined blockland it seemed happy, no one cared if your reputation was bad or not and wouldn't ban you for the slightest thing.

I rather think that you've changed, not the community.

It's like this "This room is much bigger than I remember" thing. When you were a kid you perceived stuff in a different manner.

The Blockland community lost many of the good members that it had when I joined, I miss having that community because now it is just full of whiny kids that will take advantage and hate you for everything.

What I said, Blockland needs more love.

Good to know it's not just me.  Here's a partial chat log showing some chat from the beginning, middle, and somewhere towards the end.  I had to go a little ways back to find something that didn't have to do with some boring project(two people talking about future plans = not fun).

At a closer look I've noticed that my reactions to people have changed, most certainly.  But so have the people coming in.  At the beginning it was more, light hearted, kids having fun.  But now it seems to have lost that particular aspect, and is more focused on either doing your own thing and showing it off, or just annoying others.

I think I'll try hosting again, maybe I can get a good server going.  I dunno.