Got DDoS'ed and now have a VPN

Author Topic: Got DDoS'ed and now have a VPN  (Read 2193 times)

Honestly, I regret joining the IRC chat. My IP address was exposed and I was easily attacked. So I decided to buy a VPN service, so I'll never be attacked again. What do you think of VPN services?

Just make sure your ip isn't static and then reset your router.

Get an M.A.C. address instead. Blocks away those scums.

Well that sucks. And people always ask me "Why are you so god damn paranoid?". This is the reason.

You don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

Doesn't even make any sense.

what?

Go inside your routers settings and establish a M.A.C. address. It stops things like DDoS'ing. It makes it harder for people to find your IP.

Go inside your routers settings and establish a M.A.C. address. It stops things like DDoS'ing. It makes it harder for people to find your IP.
No it doesn't, What the forget are you talking about?

You don't know anything about networking, do you? That's not how it works.

No it doesn't, What the forget are you talking about?
He is probably talking about something else but doesn't know the name so he put mac address instead, which sadly is something completely different

No it doesn't

Blockzillahead, I suggest you search up M.A.C addressing before you continue posting.

I have read this:

"Log into your router > find your mac address (should look like this )> change one of the numbers to another number > save your settings and restart your modem

Don't change your mac address too many times per day as it might cause some problems with your ISP but this should change your IP making it impossible for the DDoSer to target you unless he/she gets your new IP"

Sounded right to me :(

I have read this:

"Log into your router > find your mac address (should look like this )> change one of the numbers to another number > save your settings and restart your modem

Don't change your mac address too many times per day as it might cause some problems with your ISP but this should change your IP making it impossible for the DDoSer to target you unless he/she gets your new IP"

Sounded right to me :(
What are you on about
That makes no sense

What are you on about
That makes no sense

So it's wrong? I don't remember where I found that. I saved it in a notepad file for reference.