Just got Windows 8.

Author Topic: Just got Windows 8.  (Read 1762 times)

And it's amazing.

Any questions about Windows 8?

so, when do you think you'll purchase game dev tycoon

Its horrible for desktops
Not really.

You get used to it, and you can go to the classic desktop.

?

Not really.

You get used to it, and you can go to the classic desktop.

?

There is no point for the new start menu because your going to be using desktop mode the whole time anyway. If anything it just makes it more annoying to do things you could do on the old start menu to begin with.

I've been using the big eight for about 4 months now and honestly, i'm regretting it.

So, have you started having the issue where the buttons on the start menu don't do anything other than show you've clicked them?

...why would you ever want your desktop to work like your Blackberry?

-and you can go to the classic desktop.
At this point, keep windows 7...

There is no point for the new start menu because your going to be using desktop mode the whole time anyway. If anything it just makes it more annoying to do things you could do on the old start menu to begin with.
This is true.

Although the messaging and people apps make it easier for me to use facebook and such. :P

So, have you started having the issue where the buttons on the start menu don't do anything other than show you've clicked them?
Uhh... Yes?
Just left-click?

Mis-read as "Solved"

...why would you ever want your desktop to work like your Blackberry?
I would not know, I like being up to date and if it weren't for me getting a new PC, my Blockland would still not have shaders at max! :D

I would not know, I like being up to date and if it weren't for me getting a new PC, my Blockland would still not have shaders at max! :D

Staying "up to date" is silly when you sacrifice much of your control.
From what Ive seen of it, windows 8 is as user friendly as apple products.

ahhg

there was a thread asking for a game like game dev story in english

it's sad that it will be here forever while the request exists for windows 8

Uhh... Yes?
Just left-click?

Mis-read as "Solved"

Left clicking is what makes it do the animation, but after it finishes the animation, nothing happens. It never leaves the start screen, and if you try restarting your computer by clicking where it says "restart," nothing happens.

Staying "up to date" is silly when you sacrifice much of your control.
From what Ive seen of it, windows 8 is as user friendly as apple products.
I'm not having much problem getting into computer files and such.

I can even see hidden files.

Left clicking is what makes it do the animation, but after it finishes the animation, nothing happens. It never leaves the start screen, and if you try restarting your computer by clicking where it says "restart," nothing happens.
Hmm

Well I not having this problem yet...

Sounds like you have a much more serious, fundamental problem. Perhaps a virus or a faulty installation, because I have never heard of this happening.