Author Topic: "The Storm Is Coming" - Blockland Hacked at last?  (Read 14930 times)

This had come to my attention first like a week ago:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=223459.0

On both Big Bro and TeeJay's profile, their signature is the same:

"The storm is coming."

Then, a bit later, this comes up:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=224260.0

I also have no ETA about when it will be fixed whatsoever, it's entirely out of my control.

It seems to me that these two events are connected...

Wth is going on??? HACKERS???!!!

No.  Nothing is wrong.  Everything is fine.

Keep calm.

We already figured all of this out. unrelated, no hack, those people banned for being 1 guy who got a handful of passwords from idiots who let them.

We already figured all of this out. unrelated, no hack, those people banned for being 1 guy who got a handful of passwords from idiots who let them.

a storm is coming mr houle.......

Wth is going on??? HACKERS???!!!
Quote from: title
Blockland hacked at last?

For the last loving time, you can't hack blockland.

This is exactly what I think of when I see the quote "the Storm is coming"

I do agree, it does seem connected.
By saying a storm is coming whoever is doing this is trying to disrupt/take down key things and services.
Ive also been getting an influx of lag, im not sure if this has anything to do with it, but it doesnt normally happen.
Also keep in mind the things he is targeting are popular users/services.

For the last loving time, you can't hack blockland.

They aren't talking about the game itself.

They aren't talking about the game itself.
Quote from: title
Blockland Hacked

Then why are both examples in the OP not related to in-game happenings?

Then why are both examples in the OP not related to in-game happenings?
rtb is definitely something used in-game. He's talking about hackers causing rtb to not work, which is completely not true.

In hindsight I should've clarified what I meant, but oh well, can't edit the post.

Badspot also bumped a drama topic, only containing "lol".
Ephialtes also mentioned RTB was broken due to something with the authentication server, and that it was completely out of his power.
4 forum accounts got hacked. What do they have in common? They were all well known users.
Also the message "The storm is coming". What does this have to do with anything? Whoever is doing this or whoever sent out that message is saying that a disruption, or "storm", is coming soon.
First with the accounts, then RTB, but what next?
Also dont you think its strange that Badspot hasnt stepped in to work on getting RTB back up? He could just contact whoever hosts the authentication servers and try to get it fixed. Its unusual that he wouldnt step in.

rtb is definitely something used in-game. He's talking about hackers causing rtb to not work, which is completely not true.

In hindsight I should've clarified what I meant, but oh well, can't edit the post.

The RTB server cannot connect to the Blockland authorization server. These are not entities that exist in the game. However, it affects the game. What I'm saying is, nobody is speedhacking or controlling servers. This stuff is happening outside of the game.