Author Topic: for some strange reason, i can no longer host...  (Read 2113 times)

^title.

I could host without a single problem a week or two ago before RTB went all odd. I've attached the console log and launcher, and i have no idea what to do.

could you guys investigate what the hell is going on?

"i can't host" means what?
Noone can join? -port forward
It randomly crashes? -remove all those add-ons with errors

"i can't host" means what?
Noone can join? -port forward
It randomly crashes? -remove all those add-ons with errors
i didn't need to portforward.

flubbman trying to join my server

I have the same problem

After reading your launcher.log file, there is nothing wrong with it. But there are stuff wrong with your console.log file. I saw lots of buggy add-ons that you loaded on your server. I'll post the list of the most buggy ones that could cause problems below.

The list of buggy add-ons that you loaded on your server:
Weapon_Package_HK (Extremely buggy.)
Vehicle_T90 (Some bugs to it.)
Vehicle_M119Howitzer (Very buggy.)
Vehicle_FighterJet (Some bugs to it.)
Vehicle_AC130 (Very buggy.)
Server_BrickBlood (Some bugs to it.)
Brick_Zones (Does not have the requried add-on for it, Event_Zones. Either get it or stop using this.)
Brick_PoleAdapters (Do not use the add-on Brick_Pole with this add-on, they don't work together.)

If it's buggy, don't use them. Follow the instructions I gave on some of the add-ons I listed above to make them work properly. Once you do all that, restart your server and see if anyone can join the server. If no one can still join, reply back to this thread.

The list of buggy add-ons that you loaded on your server:
Weapon_Package_HK (Extremely buggy.)
Vehicle_T90 (Some bugs to it.)
Vehicle_M119Howitzer (Very buggy.)
Vehicle_FighterJet (Some bugs to it.)
Vehicle_AC130 (Very buggy.)
Server_BrickBlood (Some bugs to it.)
Brick_Zones (Does not have the requried add-on for it, Event_Zones. Either get it or stop using this.)
Brick_PoleAdapters (Do not use the add-on Brick_Pole with this add-on, they don't work together.)

those have been enabled for ages and has caused me no problems in the past.

those have been enabled for ages and has caused me no problems in the past.
Well they are still buggy. Anyways so if that isn't breaking the server then it's another problem. Get on Blockland, go to options, go to the network tab. Is Disable UPnP checked or not?

Well they are still buggy. Anyways so if that isn't breaking the server then it's another problem. Get on Blockland, go to options, go to the network tab. Is Disable UPnP checked or not?
it's currently unchecked.

it's currently unchecked.
Do you want to host your server under UPnP or did you port forward Blockland?

Do you want to host your server under UPnP or did you port forward Blockland?
UPnP. I didn't portforward blockland at all.

i didn't need to portforward.
After reading this post and reading your latest post on this topic, I think I know what is the problem. UPnP doesn't always work, either UPnP support somehow got turned off on your router or for weird reasons I do not know yet, it still sometimes doesn't work even if your router has UPnP support on. I consider UPnP finicky. If you want a server that always work, I recommend port forwarding Blockland under the default port of 28000. Follow a port forward tutorial on YouTube or search for one on the Blockland forums. After you port forwarded Blockland, check mark Disable UPnP and host your server. If people can join, you port forwarded correctly, if people still can't join, you port forwarded wrong and you need to go back to the tutorials and see what you did wrong and fix it.

If you don't want to port forward Blockland for any kind of reason and still want to use UPnP, then go to your router's homepage and keep searching through your router's settings pages until you find a UPnP on or off check mark or switch. Then make sure UPnP is on the router. Now try hosting your server, if it works, you fixed the problem. If it still doesn't work, then UPnP is not working for you for some reason I don't understand yet. Reply back if you have any questions or if you need help understanding anything.

After reading this post and reading your latest post on this topic, I think I know what is the problem. UPnP doesn't always work, either UPnP support somehow got turned off on your router or for weird reasons I do not know yet, it still sometimes doesn't work even if your router has UPnP support on. I consider UPnP finicky. If you want a server that always work, I recommend port forwarding Blockland under the default port of 28000. Follow a port forward tutorial on YouTube or search for one on the Blockland forums. After you port forwarded Blockland, check mark Disable UPnP and host your server. If people can join, you port forwarded correctly, if people still can't join, you port forwarded wrong and you need to go back to the tutorials and see what you did wrong and fix it.

If you don't want to port forward Blockland for any kind of reason and still want to use UPnP, then go to your router's homepage and keep searching through your router's settings pages until you find a UPnP on or off check mark or switch. Then make sure UPnP is on the router. Now try hosting your server, if it works, you fixed the problem. If it still doesn't work, then UPnP is not working for you for some reason I don't understand yet. Reply back if you have any questions or if you need help understanding anything.
alright, i'll have a look

i think there is a problem with my router as I can't open up my router settings.
i'll have to phone up the loving consmen of virgin media tomorrow

alright, resetting my router helped.
thanks for everyones efforts in the topic, i highly appreciate your tips and hints.