2 (16.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
3 (25%)
3 (25%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Awesomenauts - New Content  (Read 2333 times)

Season 0 I primarily used Gnaw, Lonestar, and Skolldir.

Now I use Gnaw, Raelynn, and Clunk.

whenever I hear about this game I think of Psychonauts

Genji is not my cup of tea. Seems really really awkward to control. His upward movement is awful, I'd rather have a single jump. His basic attack goes back and forth really slowly, and his cocoon shot seems to feel too heavy, it kinda just falls flat. While I understand it's a pretty powerful attack, there's too much consequence for not landing it in dire times, or landing it when your team is in the middle of bursting. His shield is nice, but it seems like it relies on heavy upgrading before it becomes any good.

i like how the cacoon can explode like clunk

i like how the cacoon can explode like clunk

Yeah, but it doesn't hurt the person inside and can only do 50 damage maximum.  Plus it has a super long charge time without, so it is really more of a dispersal sort of thing than a damaging attack.
The idea is that when the enemy is on the attack, you cocoon one of them to put their team down one member.  That, combined with the fact that their teammate is about to explode for 50 damage is usually enough to make them abandon their buddy, who will hopefully be picked off by your team.

That seems extremely situational.

Can Genji's shield actually shield all damage when using the right upgrade?
I think it can sort of, i mean there is the upgrade for shield+1 (able to be used twice) and the percentage of damage upgrade which can be upgraded twice as well.

Can Genji's shield actually shield all damage when using the right upgrade?
I think it can sort of, i mean there is the upgrade for shield+1 (able to be used twice) and the percentage of damage upgrade which can be upgraded twice as well.

The way genji works is that half his abilities are percentile, and half of them are flat, and you can choose how much of each you want.
By default, his shield blocks a percentage of incoming damage, and you can upgrade it to also block a flat about of total damage, or a flat amount of each incoming attack.
That way if you are up against nukers like clunk or coco, you can block a flat amount of that attack, whereas if you are up against someone that spams little attacks, you can block a flat amount of damage from each.

I found a super effective strategy is yuri+genji, where yuri slows down someone, genji cocoons them easily, and then yuri spams bombs on the cocoon for some scary amounts of damage when they get out.

I found a super effective strategy is yuri+genji, where yuri slows down someone, genji cocoons them easily, and then yuri spams bombs on the cocoon for some scary amounts of damage when they get out.
Oh god.

The way genji works is that half his abilities are percentile, and half of them are flat, and you can choose how much of each you want.
By default, his shield blocks a percentage of incoming damage, and you can upgrade it to also block a flat about of total damage, or a flat amount of each incoming attack.
That way if you are up against nukers like clunk or coco, you can block a flat amount of that attack, whereas if you are up against someone that spams little attacks, you can block a flat amount of damage from each.

Ah i see.
I was a bit confused there by the description of the upgrades.
But this makes sense.

If anyone is looking for people to play Awesomenauts with, I set up a Steam group for just such an occasion
The Awesome Association

News update: new map released for Awesomenauts, plus a couple new skins

Neat stuff, but I'm also getting a new bug where I crash if I try and join a battle lobby with someone else.
Is anyone else getting that or do I just need to mess with some settings somewhere?

They fixed that bug now.

Also godmode vs bots if you pick Voltar, upgrade drones, and get the cloak.
Too bad players can see the drones though. Otherwise it would be mad OP.

(RIP free power pills)