My activation key could be in jeopardy. Please help! (not a help topic)

Author Topic: My activation key could be in jeopardy. Please help! (not a help topic)  (Read 1733 times)

Question
Here's my problem. A few years ago before my brother whose blockland name is hammereditor got his own blockland key, he was using my 22696 Id on an old computer. Then he got a new computer and got his own activation key, no trace of my 22696 key on his new one. But now his computer broke so he has to use his old one, and I panicked when he loaded Blockland v16 and it said Welcome, Pacnet2013. (this is my 22696 key). He isn't an administrator so he cannot get v21 but if my dad installs the patch it could give him v21 with my 22696 key. So I deleted every trace of blockland on that computer. Will this mean if he reinstalls blockland on this old computer, will it save my key? I'm afraid he may abuse my key and get my beloved 22696 key deactivated. Am I safe our could I be dead? He isn't very trustworthy.

unless your brother is an expert hacker capable of launching an attack against badspot's power supply and preventing his lovely burritos from surviving inside his fridge, there is no danger
he'll just get banned from everything if he's simply an idiot

The file that saves your key on installation is key.bat (i think) so of you deleted all the blockland stuff it should be fine

Worst case scenario is you have to activate your brothers key on his PC instead of yours, it's really nothing to worry about :P

he'll just get banned from everything if he's simply an idiot

I'd be banned since that is my key

Also the stuff I deleted had no key.dat, Jirue.

It's inside the main blockland folder.

It's inside the main blockland folder.
I know. There was no key.dat file as far as I know.
When I had v16, I don't remember if there was a key.dat file

I'd be banned since that is my key

Also the stuff I deleted had no key.dat, Jirue.
Then you have even less to worry about.

It really isn't a big deal even if he DOES install blockland with your key.  It's so easy to change the key, just change it to his key when he installs it..

Then you have even less to worry about.

It really isn't a big deal even if he DOES install blockland with your key.  It's so easy to change the key, just change it to his key when he installs it..

I don't know when he may install it. He already knows how to do this and he's older than me.
After school he may do it since I can't be home for as long as he is

You won't be banned if he uses your key? You're not supposed to share it with a bunch of people but if you're behind the same router, then with the same external IP, the master server will allow you both to play with no problems.

Now, if there was no key.dat then that installation wasn't registered with your account. This is the only thing that holds your key and authenticates you to the master server. If this is gone or deleted, you have to reinput your key as it will tell you you're in demo mode again. If it was gone or deleted, you have absolutely nothing to worry about

If he activates your key from another ip you will get it deactivated because Badspot will see it as a stolen key.

You won't be banned if he uses your key? You're not supposed to share it with a bunch of people but if you're behind the same router, then with the same external IP, the master server will allow you both to play with no problems.

Now, if there was no key.dat then that installation wasn't registered with your account. This is the only thing that holds your key and authenticates you to the master server. If this is gone or deleted, you have to reinput your key as it will tell you you're in demo mode again. If it was gone or deleted, you have absolutely nothing to worry about

My dad forced me to share MY key with him a few years ago and i didn't want it.

He no longer knows it but this old computer could give him access to it.

He got a new key and has never used mine since luckily.

I clearly saw that the game was registered under my key although there was no key.dat file.

This is version 16 i'm talking about.

Do you understand now? (same ip)

It doesn't matter how many different ways you type it, you seriously have not a single thing to be worried about.

When he reinstall it will not install a key, and he will have to input his own

Even if it does somehow input YOUR key, all you have to do is CHANGE THE KEY.

Stop stressin', yo

If he activates your key from another ip you will get it deactivated because Badspot will see it as a stolen key.
Every 2 weeks or so I go to my dads house and play BL there without a problem, it only gets deactivated if it jumps around the country in like 3 minutes.

Every 2 weeks or so I go to my dads house and play BL there without a problem, it only gets deactivated if it jumps around the country in like 3 minutes.