Author Topic: Server suggestion: Obby Collab  (Read 922 times)

Basically, most of us know of the roblox genre of places called 'obbies'. Well, we're lacking good servers in Blockland, right? So let's rip off roblox prove to roblox that we can make obbies better than they can. The best of builders collaborate to make obbies that top even the best of roblox's.

I'd host but my pc is crap but inb4 people yell at me 'y u no host it urself u fgate'

A very hard jumping puzzle on the second stage is a bit overkill.
I was thinking we first start with a recreation of the most popular obby levels (aka lava jumps, easyish jumping, dissapearing [FAKEKILL >:D] platforms, etc.), to prove them we can do what they can, then do some of the special puzzles that they can't do.

Pleaseeeeee don't use huge jumping challenges
it's hard as crap to jump correctly.
and beta test it. A lot.

Pleaseeeeee don't use huge jumping challenges
it's hard as crap to jump correctly.
those are awesome though

it's a matter of skill, and that's the point of the entire thing

you just gotta keep on trying. it's much more rewarding to overcome a challenge by skill than to blow through them because it's easy

Take some ideas from Super Mario 64
and compare them to jumping on random placed platforms

whats more fun.

Take some ideas from Super Mario 64
and compare them to jumping on random placed platforms

whats more fun.
if you were talking to me, i wasn't implying those should be the only thing lol
it'd be great if you could take lots of ideas from SM64, but a lot of those involve moving platforms/other objects or mechanics that can't be done extremely well in blockland (e.g. sliding down slopes that are too steep)

Back in my day obbies were a pretty big deal. 

where's skill with his manly challenge, he loves showing that thing off

where's skill with his manly challenge, he loves showing that thing off

He can't host it without the kitchen map.

Back in my day obbies were a pretty big deal. 

Back in my day we called them "obstacle courses"

Back in my day we called them "obstacle courses"
Back in my day we'd go out back with a few old tires and a blow torch and make them ourselves.
People got hurt back then, but if you survived, it was worth it.

I'll have to say Roblox has this one when it comes to obbys, since the physics in that game were better suited for that kind of stuff than blockland.
we can't get moving bricks as fluently as they and all that.

if you were talking to me, i wasn't implying those should be the only thing lol
it'd be great if you could take lots of ideas from SM64, but a lot of those involve moving platforms/other objects or mechanics that can't be done extremely well in blockland (e.g. sliding down slopes that are too steep)
I'll have to say Roblox has this one when it comes to obbys, since the physics in that game were better suited for that kind of stuff than blockland.
we can't get moving bricks as fluently as they and all that.

well then what CAN we beat roblox at
we clearly can't build them at 'build to survive' either because reasons

i should try to make one of these