Australian ship company planning to build a working replica of the Titanic.

Author Topic: Australian ship company planning to build a working replica of the Titanic.  (Read 1114 times)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2212878/Titanic-II-Clive-Palmer-launch-replica-ill-fated-liner.html

Yes, this is legit being built for 2016, same size and same interior probably, only difference is a few safer improvements like welding, bow thrusters and life boats.

It's going to be sailing from Southampton to New York, and hopefully lasting 20 to 30 years, it will be built by an Australian ship company in a Chinese ship yard, not Belfast which sucks cause I won't be able to see it passing me :(

So yeah, I myself would love to go on this!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:46:11 AM by Maxwell23461 »

That's going to be a tiny ship compared to modern cruise ships. I imagine it's going to be ugodly expensive for a room on it.

It'll sink

Also Maxwell are you Northern Irish? My family is moving there in March time

Inb4 Bones is hired for this.

It'll sink

Also Maxwell are you Northern Irish? My family is moving there in March time
No, I'm scottish but I live right across from Belfast :D

Inb4 Bones is hired for this.
my sides

This just in: Antarctica is planning to build a working replica of the iceberg.

This just in: The oceans are recreating a working replica of the original Titanic disaster currents.

This just in: The oceans are recreating a working replica of the original Titanic disaster currents.
Except this time they have GPS and better stuff, so that won't be a problem.

Except this time they have GPS and better stuff, so that won't be a problem.
This just in: GPS and major communications not working on particular date of departure for the rest of the month

yeah is gonna be very small compared to modern cruise ships lol