Author Topic: What (scripting) language would be better to learn?  (Read 1916 times)

Torquescript is basically C++.
Uh no.

TorqueScript only relates in syntax to C#.

I'd like to learn any language, but it seems that to learn one you need prior experience, so it's a big circle of nope.

Start with python if you're a beginner.

Torquescript is basically C++.
No it's not

I'd like to learn any language, but it seems that to learn one you need prior experience, so it's a big circle of nope.
You can start with any language

But starting with more easy stuff is of course better

I've used lua in computercraft, and edited some other people's programs, but that's about it.
I used to mess around with batch stuff a couple years ago.

If he wants to make blockland add-ons, ts is the only option.

Yes, but that doesn't make it a good option.

I'd like to learn any language, but it seems that to learn one you need prior experience, so it's a big circle of nope.
you don't need scripting knowledge to obtain scripting knowledge

you don't need scripting knowledge to obtain scripting knowledge
That's how I see it

That's how I see it
what the hell that's like saying you need a rock you don't have to get a rock ?????? wtf

how high are you even omfg

what the hell that's like saying you need a rock you don't have to get a rock ?????? wtf

how high are you even omfg

he's high on a really intense rock

That's how I see it
You're also the kind of person who thinks you need to be of Spanish heritage to learn Spanish, aren't you?

You have to take steps to learn a certain language, then all the other languages get 1% easier.

You have to take steps to learn a certain language, then all the other languages get 1% easier.

Once you know one programming or scripting language fluently, all other languages get at least 75% easier.

TorqueScript if you want to make add-ons for Blockland

Torquescript is basically C++.

No.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:16:17 PM by Electrk »

Once you know one programming or scripting language fluently, all other languages get at least 75% easier.
My zero key decided to hate me, it was supposed to be 100%

My zero key decided to hate me, it was supposed to be 100%
There are major differences between different languages so how would they be 100% easier to learn