Author Topic: What (scripting) language would be better to learn?  (Read 1907 times)

I know how to script a bit already with Lua 5.1 (Roblox version). I know the basics and I can make things such as moving doors, two way buttons, guns,  simple stuff. On the other hand I also want to learn TorqueScript to make some cool add-ons for Blockland. Which one is more practical or which do you think I should go with? I already know the basics of lua but I know nothing of TorqueScript, all of these % and () makes everythjng confusing.  Should I stay with lua until I get a bit better and then go to Torque Script or no?

Notes: Reason why I want to move from Lua is because I feel lua or at least the Roblox version is too simplistic and easy.

What do you guys think? I might add a pole or something.


¿por qué no los dos?
I would love to but I feel like I don't have much time. I sort of want to focus on one because for some reason I would feel disorganized. I guess I can work on both, I didn't really think it that way.



why would you learn TorqueScript though
TorqueScript is amongst the worst scripting languages in the world

Learn something useful, Torquescript is not a large language at all and doesn't follow the same or similar syntax to any other language than C#.

If I were you I would take to VB or one of the C directories.

In this day and age, if you want to learn something useful, learn JavaScript, Python, Ruby or Java.

In this day and age, if you want to learn something useful, learn JavaScript, Python, Ruby or Java.
Ew not Ruby.

Both Javascript and Java are nice choices though

Anything that uses High-level english. Try Torquescript, C++, Javascript, and Python.

Ew not Ruby.

Both Javascript and Java are nice choices though

I don't like Ruby either, but it's still widely used now, especially with Rails.

Start with python. Move to java then c++ or stuff like that.

definitely JavaScript and Python.

if you're looking to make blockland addons, TS would be a good option too, but i do agree with port in that it's a really stuffty language.

definitely JavaScript and Python.

if you're looking to make blockland addons, TS would be a good option too, but i do agree with port in that it's a really stuffty language.
If he wants to make blockland add-ons, ts is the only option.

If he wants to make blockland add-ons, ts is the only option.
Torquescript is basically C++.