Author Topic: Random freezing while playing games.  (Read 466 times)

Guys, my computer is freezing up while i'm playing games. Like the keyboard and mousepad freeze up, but all the programs and stuff run like nothing is happening. I could be playing Blockland and then I will just freeze up. My Blockhead will run and/or jump and shoot in the small direction until I put my laptop to sleep and wake it back up. This happens to me in all games.

Help, please.

So you're saying that your mouse and your keyboard stop working when your computer "freezes"
Everything else works fine though?

Could you maybe provide some more info on the problem?

Are you using a wireless keyboard?

How much memory do you have installed? This might be happening because windows is deciding to put the game into page-file memory due to a lack of enough physical memory available to the system. Though, this really shouldn't happen unless the game is using up ALL of the free physical memory (because programs that are not in focus should be page-file'd first).

So you're saying that your mouse and your keyboard stop working when your computer "freezes"
Everything else works fine though?

Could you maybe provide some more info on the problem?
It's hard to explain. What I mean by everything works fine is that the regular programs work fine, besides the game itself. I think it may be a hardware mlafunction
Are you using a wireless keyboard?
I'm on a laptop, no.
How much memory do you have installed? This might be happening because windows is deciding to put the game into page-file memory due to a lack of enough physical memory available to the system. Though, this really shouldn't happen unless the game is using up ALL of the free physical memory (because programs that are not in focus should be page-file'd first).
I think I allocated close to, if not above, 2gbs. Although, when I open Control Panel, my system is telling me I only have 1. :/