Detecting if there is an object near you (client-sided)?

Author Topic: Detecting if there is an object near you (client-sided)?  (Read 1788 times)

Is there a way to make a client-sided mod to detect if an object (i.e. a player) is near you?  If not then I'll have to figure something else out...
Help would be much appreciated.

Loop through all objects in serverconnection and check which one has the smallest distance to serverconnection.getcontrolob ject()
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:17:54 PM by Zeblote »

ye-
(i.e. a player)
nobody will help you with this part, sorry brah

ye-nobody will help you with this part, sorry brah
Oh ok. :c

No making aimbotes or whatever you are doing with players
nononono

No making aimbotes or whatever you are doing with players
nononono
Wtf no I hate those stuffty add-ons.  I have a huge project and I was needing to do something with players client-sidedly but I'll just have to find out how to do something else that will work.

You would need positions clientsidedly which no one is going to help you with

You would need positions clientsidedly which no one is going to help you with

Sadly, this is untrue. I wouldn't put it past Nexus at all.

Sadly, this is untrue. I wouldn't put it past Nexus at all.

Ask Nexus where he learned it from.  :cookieMonster:

It's been said before but I'll say it again, nobody's going to help you with this because ban.

Wtf no I hate those stuffty add-ons.  I have a huge project and I was needing to do something with players client-sidedly but I'll just have to find out how to do something else that will work.
If it is strictly client sided, add me on Steam and I'll help you, if it is server sided, do it via the server then relay to information to the client.

You're better off doing those "nearby player" checks server-sided and then sending the data to the client.

If it is strictly client sided, add me on Steam and I'll help you
No don't
We don't want badspot removing more functionality just because too many people know how

No don't
We don't want badspot removing more functionality just because too many people know how

Is there a point in having a function if we cannot use it ?  If I get the sense he's using it for the wrong purposes I'll stop helping him, but I'm not just going to post the code to the forums either

Is there a point in having a function if we cannot use it?

There is not supposed to be a function. The entire reason that the people who know a workaround behave like they have their own closed-source rooster measuring contest is because they're too scared of the knowledge being spread more and them thus not feeling special anymore. Or, that it gets so far that Badspot sees it, removes it, and those people suddenly actually have to use skill in their deathmatches.