Author Topic: Blameing me? i found this game.  (Read 11887 times)

This got moved to drama please kill this
 forum section crap keeps getting taken too seriusly and
moved here.

LOL! ROBLOXLAND! :D

I'd buy THAT in a heartbeat! 2.4 games in 1!

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?!?

Are you implying that Blockland is 2.4 games?  :cookieMonster:

Roblox subtracts .6, so blockland is 3 games.

lolwut

lolwut
Actually, it subtacts 8998.6, so Blockland is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! games.

Please use damn English you nub.
Done. Please note: Languages have capitals, slang is always either in quote marks or italics or indicated by apostrophes and you forgot your full stop.

Apostrophes are not the same thing as single quotation marks, and no, putting slang terms within quotation marks or typing them out in italics does not make any sense unless you are somehow referring to the word itself and/or want to take some distance from using the word.

Using slang terms is always kind of tricky. Whether a word is appropriate or not depends on the context and the level of formality. Seeing as the level of formality is pretty low here, and as most of the readers are probably familiar with the meaning of nub, he did use the word acceptably.

Apostrophes are not the same thing as single quotation marks, and no, putting slang terms within quotation marks or typing them out in italics does not make any sense unless you are somehow referring to the word itself and/or want to take some distance from using the word.
Apostrophes aren't meant to be used, but they're acceptable in that form despite it being incorrect.

Using slang terms is always kind of tricky. Whether a word is appropriate or not depends on the context and the level of formality. Seeing as the level of formality is pretty low here, and as most of the readers are probably familiar with the meaning of nub, he did use the word acceptably.
You see, now we're crossing into the boarders of jargon and dialect. If using the Queen's English as he seemed to be indicating, the term "nub" would be invalid.

Apostrophes aren't meant to be used, but they're acceptable in that form despite it being incorrect.
No, they are not. It just so happens that the symbol used for apostrophes, primes and single quotes are the same in ASCII. That doesn't mean that they semantically are the same thing.

You see, now we're crossing into the boarders of jargon and dialect. If using the Queen's English as he seemed to be indicating, the term "nub" would be invalid.
Queen's English is a mode of pronounciation, and has nothing to do with dialects at all. I stand by my last argument.

Languages evolve so fast that you can't possibly define what's "right" by what words you can find in a dictionary.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 07:08:32 AM by Linde »

No, they are not. It just so happens that the symbol used for apostrophes, primes and single quotes are the same in ASCII. That doesn't mean that they are the same semantically.
Beg to differ.

No, they are not. It just so happens that the symbol used for apostrophes, primes and single quotes are the same in ASCII. That doesn't mean that they semantically are the same thin.

Queen's English is a mode of pronounciation, and has nothing to do with dialects at all. I stand by my last argument.
The Queen's English refers to pronunciation and using correct wording.

He should know, as he is the queen.  :cookieMonster:

Beg to differ.
How so? Why don't you look it up? It is not hard to find information about it on the internests.

The Queen's English refers to pronunciation and using correct wording.
The Queen's English used to refer to a dialect and pronounciation used by upper-class people in England, but now, as the dialects have blurred, it is much like received pronounciation. How you came to the conclusion that the post you were referring to was supposed to be written using Queen's English is beyond me.