Author Topic: Blockland Trading Card Game  (Read 3425 times)

As for the stars... How about this:I know it's basically HP all over again, but any health system can be abusable. People could just make a 5-star attack if they wanted to.

We can always declare cards illegal and OP. Most card games have lists of certain cards forbidden from being used in tournament play.

We can always declare cards illegal and OP. Most card games have lists of certain cards forbidden from being used in tournament play.
So, would you and I be card moderators or something?
Also, do you like my stars idea?

So, would you and I be card moderators or something?
Also, do you like my stars idea?

Certainly - but there's no moderator class. TheKid made that up. Refer to the Random Standard.

Random Standard
There's a few kinds of playable cards - Users, Add-Ons and Bricks.

Users
Information displayed on a user card are as follows: BL_ID, Name (or forum name if name changes often), Weapons, Effect, Class, and Brick Limit (if one is present).

Users have several classes - Host, SA, Admin, Normal, and Noob. SA and Host are among the top tier class of playable user cards. Only 1 Host is permitted per deck.

The classes of user cards change the color of the card itself.
Host - Orange
SA - Yellow
Admin - Silver/Grey
Normal - Blue
Noob - Black

Add-Ons
Add-Ons are associated with events which display effects on the playing field. Played Add-Ons must be attached to a user in play before being used. All Add-On cards are green.

GameModes are not permitted Add-On cards - Gamemode is the term for a complete deck - a set of users, addons and bricks.

To execute an addon, it must be attached to a user before execution. An Add-On can have an effect on the user, or vice versa, some users forbidding attachment of certain add-ons.

Bricks/Builds
Bricks are considered parts of builds - they are attached to add-ons or users. A user can have many bricks attached to the card as it permits, some users having a brick limit.

Builds absorb damage, but they usually have requirements before attachment (may require some bricks being attached before the build is attached itself) and absorb a lot more damage.

All brick cards are red.
All build cards are purple.

We could introduce one, but Moderator class cards would be the same color as Normal. Also, we have yet to introduce any Noob cards which are Normals but have no ability.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:46:03 PM by Randomness »

I remember that add-on

Certainly - but there's no moderator class. TheKid made that up. Refer to the Random Standard.

Random Standard
We could introduce one, but Moderator class cards would be the same color as Normal. Also, we have yet to introduce any Noob cards which are Normals but have no ability.
Nah, let's just make the Admin class have the orange and SA have red, but Host still following green rules.

Nah, let's just make the Admin class have the orange and SA have red, but Host still following green rules.

Theres a reason for the colors. Its to distinguish ability and rarity. Green is addon, Why does the Host follow green rules? You want to attach Badspot to Randomness?

You want to attach Badspot to Randomness?
that wouldn't be a pretty sight

Theres a reason for the colors. Its to distinguish ability and rarity. Green is addon, Why does the Host follow green rules? You want to attach Badspot to Randomness?
No, I'm talking about the star colors, not the card colors! The cards will remain their respective colors.

No, I'm talking about the star colors, not the card colors! The cards will remain their respective colors.

Oh, oh oh oh. I misread that. Thats fine.

Here's all the card type palettes updated. I'll work on an Admin, Super, and Host palette later.

please give us them in .pdn or other format with layers

Will .xcf do?

Will .xcf do?
I can do .xcf, but I would need to modify a lot of things. What exactly do you need the layers for?

I can do .xcf, but I would need to modify a lot of things. What exactly do you need the layers for?

Moving all of this to another topic - This is derailing the original idea which was simply trading cards.

so these cards are going to have rarity?
if so, someone make me a rare card pls c: