Is Dota 2 a good game?

Author Topic: Is Dota 2 a good game?  (Read 1125 times)

So I did the dispenser thing where you get a free dota 2 copy, should I play it?
Like, is it good?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:58:52 PM by Maxx_ »

yes doto very good game yes good very good

good for health

Yes, and there is a megathread in games where you can find guides and people to play with.

I played it for a bit, I thought it was confusing but I'm not really into games like that :v

good for health
Tiki lies, it gives you AIDs

I played it for a bit, I thought it was confusing but I'm not really into games like that :v

Better than League of Legends, and that's all I know.

Very. But if you want to win you'll need to dedicate thousands of hours of game time and get a blood transfusion from a South Korean.

alright I'm just gonna be the first one to say it's stuff

good for health
Good for you
Good for me

Dota good
Up in the morning to the rising sun
Gonna lane all day 'til the laning's done
Brewmaster is a sonofabitch
Got the blue balls, crabs and the seven year itch
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:43:57 AM by Cybersix »

Dota ruined Warcraft 3's community. If you are into running back and forth on one of three paths with waves of mindless minions and people who rage when you quit because they don't want to help you learn to to play or work together as a team and shift the blame on their team mates or the controls of an rts game, then this is your type of game.

Is Dota 2 a good game?

Well I dont know. Do you like top down RTS games with lots of heroes that all play differently and range in power? If you said yes then yeah, it's a good game.
We can't tell you if somethings a good game or not.

lol I was thinking the same thing as op until today

A few weeks ago, Yosher, assuming you know who he is, gifted me Dota 2. I was pretty happy that day, so I thought, "Why not? How bad can it be?", and accepted it. I was reluctant to play it though, because I assumed it was a game where you're dropped immediately into a game of really high leveled people that kick the stuff out of you and make it not fun.
tf2

But today, I decided to install it and try it out.

I played it for around 30 minutes just now, with the tutorial. It's actually rather fun. Once I get skilled at it, I definitely look forward to playing with friends.

@op, I say try it out and see what you think. If RTS isn't your cup of tea, then don't, I guess.

I don't consider Dota an RTS.

like every MOBA, steep learning curve and starfish community.

amazing game though.