Opera browsers believe forum.blockland.us is dangerous?

Author Topic: Opera browsers believe forum.blockland.us is dangerous?  (Read 7024 times)

Use Safari instead.
It'll make life less complicated.

I've already sent Badspot a PM before any of these topics came up.
I'm going to assume Chrome. Good luck being slower and having them breathing down your neck. lol
It's not like Internet Explorer + Bing send every webpage you visit to Microsoft or anything.
All sending information options can be turned off in Chrome if you're really that paranoid

All sending information options can be turned off in Chrome if you're really that paranoid
One does not simply
opt-out
of google stealing their information

I think these guys did it;

nah, they look pretty cool.
I think it was this guy.

It's not like Internet Explorer + Bing send every webpage you visit to Microsoft or anything.
Opera also isn't IE/Bing.

It took 10 seconds to load the settings just to check this.
For information about Google’s data protection practices, please read Google’s privacy policy at http://www.google.com/privacy.html and at http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/privacy.html. This policy explains how Google treats your personal information, and protects your privacy, when you use the Services

You agree to the use of your data in accordance with Google’s privacy policies.
Google reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all Content from any Service.

And I don't see the option to disable these.

Use Safari instead.
It'll make life less complicated.

hahahaha

safari is like the second worst browser

I've already sent Badspot a PM before any of these topics came up.
I'm going to assume Chrome. Good luck being slower and having them breathing down your neck. lol
yes your browser never has one VERY SPECIFIC problem which means that it is better

10/10
opera is much better than chrome or firefox, what the hell are you talking about
I just used Opera for 10 minutes to try it out and I agree, it's so much better then Chrome.

Opera also isn't IE/Bing.

It took 10 seconds to load the settings just to check this.
And I don't see the option to disable these.
Most services have parts such as them in them to protect them legally if the situation was to arise, it's a basic practice really.

From http://www.opera.com/privacy
Processing
Personal data is collected, stored, used, and transferred only for the specific purposes mentioned in the privacy policies. Opera collects user-submitted information, IP addresses, usage patterns, and the point in time when the user visits Opera’s Web sites or uses Opera’s services.

Transfer
Opera Software cooperates with Google brown townytics, a Web brown townytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). See Google’s privacy policy for Google brown townytics.

Google brown townytics is established in the United States and has entered into the Safe Harbor agreement, which entails that they must ensure an adequate standard for privacy protection in light of applicable EU rules and regulations.

Google has developed the Google brown townytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to enable website visitors opt-out from get their data from the website visit collected by Google brown townytics.

So appearantly Opera cooperates with "stealing your information" with Google?

Also see the Opt-out addon, yes you can opt-out according to Opera.

hahahaha

safari is like the second worst browser
What about sea monkey

I use Firefox. Not gonna try Opera right now because I don't have my computer, and I will probably like Firefox more. I just like how smooth Firefox runs and stuff. It also looks cool, has a ton of addons, themes, and other ways to customize the hell out of it. Though my computer is handicapped and I'm having a bunch of issues with it (along with other stuff) that I need to fix.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:27:03 PM by Kimon »

Most services have parts such as them in them to protect them legally if the situation was to arise, it's a basic practice really.

From http://www.opera.com/privacy
So appearantly Opera cooperates with "stealing your information" with Google?

Also see the Opt-out addon, yes you can opt-out according to Opera.
Pretty sure that's just for what you search for and for pages that use google ads.
While yeah I'm still going to opt-out.

Edit: Apparently all browsers have that.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:35:21 PM by Chrono »

Glass is the one who is causing this.

:cookieMonster:

Well... Prehaps they should have only blocked the Drama section. For other reasons.