Author Topic: The bots.  (Read 1438 times)

I haven't actually tested the new bots. What do they do?
If you put them in a city like structure can they use path finding?
Please give out any other information on them, I want to know.

Why don't you try them yourselves?

I haven't actually tested the new bots. What do they do?
If you put them in a city like structure can they use path finding?
Please give out any other information on them, I want to know.
Yes, they can use path finding

Sharks eat you.
Blockheads shoot you.
Zombeis eat you.
Horses are MIGHTY STEEDS
etc.

also as far as i know sharks are actually pretty intelligent

Why don't you try them yourselves?
I'm driving home on my phone.

There's no better way to find out than to test them for yourself.

But as a bit of info, they can do a number of things.
Initially, they'll wander around and wave their arms, bang their tools around, use emotes, look at and follow people and other bots, spray their paint cans, etc...

But, you can get them to do other things.
Give them events to go to certain bricks, and then trigger other events there.
Change their appearances to a set of pre-determined one, or any custom ones you yourself can create with your own Avatar editor.
Put them into teams and let them fight you and/or each other when in a minigame.
Much more that's simple and given straight away, and others which many will work out with creativity with the bots and the event systems.

They're really rather simple when you get down to it and think the events over a little bit.
And they're a lot of fun, and have a very decent AI.
But you really do just need to give them a test.

I'm sure we'll be seeing loads of brilliant things with them in the coming weeks.

Must be a big phone.

oh.
Well, you can make them have pathfinding. They're actually really realistic, they seem like actual blocklanders.

oh.
Well, you can make them have pathfinding. They're actually really realistic, they seem like actual blocklanders.
Ah cool, will have to try.
-snip-

Must be a big phone.
Bigger than you think lol.

Edit: HOLY SHI*****.
These things are so cute! I spawned one with a basketball and the other was throwing it to the bots and ldshfalskdjhf!

V2 bot update, bots talk to you plz. I would actually kinda like having a conversation with an AI.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:39:36 PM by Alkatjo »

oh.
noobie ones

Ah cool, will have to try.Bigger than you think lol.

Edit: HOLY SHI*****.
These things are so cute! I spawned one with a basketball and the other was throwing it to the bots and ldshfalskdjhf!

V2 bot update, bots talk to you plz. I would actually kinda like having a conversation with an AI.
I would LOVE and rpg styled chat where you click on him and it shows a bunch of options at stuff.
Then you have to complete all their tasks

I would LOVE and rpg styled chat where you click on him and it shows a bunch of options at stuff.
Then you have to complete all their tasks
there's OnBotActiavte (iirc)
then just to client chat messages and stuff

there's OnBotActiavte (iirc)
then just to client chat messages and stuff
There is an OnBotActivate command, so you can have it send chat messages to those who clicked it, or to the Minigame or whatever you want.
And since the input of OnBotActivate can use any output event, you can have it trigger absolutely anything, such as VCE events for an RPG or whatnot.

I used to use Amade's Bots to act as NPC's in a roleplay that I used to host. Clicking them would initiate speech, and they could give you tips and things. Used to use it as an in-character method of conveying Server rules and Roleplay Info.

And since these bots are much more stable, and have the same ability, they'd work perfectly.
Plus, you can use events to specify which side of a Bot can be activated, as in, the Front, Back or both.
That way you can put a more realistic approach on the bots, in them only being able to speak to you from a certain direction.

Plus, you can use events to specify which side of a Bot can be activated, as in, the Front, Back or both.
That way you can put a more realistic approach on the bots, in them only being able to speak to you from a certain direction.
HI THERE BLOCKHEAD, MY NAME IS BLOCKBACK
http://youtu.be/3qGe07n4yTo