Poll

What game are you most excited for to see this carrier in?

The BNFB's Wake Island TDM
TheCommunist's Airport RP
FlyingFortress' Navy RP
Other games (Specify where you think it would fit in)

Author Topic: Eslove Class Aircraft Carrier Project WIP: BNFB  (Read 7204 times)

Background
Guten Tag, people. My (ingame) name is FlyingFortress, BL_ID 23718, and over the past few weeks I've been working on an Eslove Class Aircraft carrier, bit by bit at a time. Usually only working two days out of the week, typically the weekends, for about two hours each day, I constructed the hull and flight deck for an Eslove Class aircraft carrier for the BNFB, a clan that I've been a part of for a little over a year now. The carrier is designed not to be to scale because it will serve it's purpose in a Wake Island build, and therefore I made the carrier smaller as it must be (roughly) the same size as the carrier in the original Wake Island map (We're recreating Stratofortress' map, not the real island, although we do blend the two).

Credit to:
SailorMan for helping out with the idea of the carrier, the radio towers, the bridge, and ideas.

Kiwi Ninja for being with me throughout the current duration of the build, and sharing many ideas and helping.

The BNFB for backing me on this project.

Pictures:

This is the front-right of the ship. The MG Nests and Radio Towers are visible here. The bridge is incomplete, as you can see, and the subdeck will be fitted with some items for more detail.

Image of the rear facing forward. I'll be adding a rudder and propellers soon.

Picture of the deck and unfinished bridge. (Credit to SailorMan for designing the bridge)

Here's a picture of the ship in water viewing the port side.

This is a size comparison using the P-51 Mustang by Stratofortress.

For extra pictures and a more in-depth look of the carrier, visit the photobucket page here:
http://s1321.photobucket.com/user/BrieTubbs/library/EsloveClassAircraftCarrierWIP

As you can tell by the images, there is still much work to be done, and since I have school and a lot going on right now, I can only work on it in little pieces.

Plans:
Well, an interior would be nice. The old one had too many bricks and thus it has to be redone.

I'm going to modify the hull to add some shiny new propellers.

Working landing cables.

(Hopefully) An interior hangar.

More side "Pockets" off the deck for machine guns and the lot.

Project Started: February 18, 2013.

Approximate Time Spent: 12 hours (As of March 15, 2013), made constant changes and did a bit of research before starting.

Project Finish: If you don't know by now, it's still a WIP.

Y'all should start commenting. Oh, and rate x/8.5 please.

Also, if you want to enlist in the BNFB, submit your application today!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:17:27 PM by Taridge5188 »

Pretty dang cool but I find troubles with the physics attached to extending the aft part of the deck out that far without connecting it to the hull.

Nevertheless I'm pretty sure that's in progress; good work! My only criticism is that its a little bland of sorts right now; hopefully you'll fill it up with details here and there later.

And as for putting images in posts, just copy-paste the IMG Code link in the sidebar box titled "Image Links" and paste it into the post. For adjusting the size, use
Code: [Select]
[img width=#inpixels]link[/img]
if there is no "width=#" part, it will display it as the image's default scale. Adjusting the width will correspondingly adjust the height, so aspect ratio stays the same.

or quote this post.

Pretty dang cool but I find troubles with the physics attached to extending the aft part of the deck out that far without connecting it to the hull.

Nevertheless I'm pretty sure that's in progress; good work! My only criticism is that its a little bland of sorts right now; hopefully you'll fill it up with details here and there later.

Thanks, and it is pretty plain and simple right now. I have a lot planned for detail, but before I start on that, I want to just get the base layout and shape done.

And thank you for pointing out the rear, I actually forgot about that. There's supposed to be a rear pillar support towards the stern to support the deck, and I forgot to put it in.

I speak for the clan when I say this, Never have we been so lucky to participate in an awesome project, such as this! Thank you so much for creating this Flying!

The main deck made me think that it was Japanese, but I guess not.

The main deck made me think that it was Japanese, but I guess not.

I actually agree with you there. In the original Wake Island map by Strato I always thought it was a Japanese carrier by the way the deck was, but it wasn't until recently that I discovered the USN had similar styled designs as well.

Looks awesome. Keep up the good work. I could help if you needed some terrain around and near the ship.

I've really only built a Nimitz class successfully but this doesn't look like an Eslove.

The flight deck on Eslovees are slanted, as to allow the taking off and landing of a plane at the same time. Also, what the hell is with the gap between the flight deck and sub?

and what the forget is up with the brown flight deck they werent wooden lawl

The flight deck on Eslovees are slanted, as to allow the taking off and landing of a plane at the same time. Also, what the hell is with the gap between the flight deck and sub?

The deck of the Eslove class carriers werent angled until Post WWII. Also early on in the war the decks were wooden, however, we put it as that color. We figured it would be just as easy to change it later on if we had to.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:55:05 PM by halonerfer29 »

I've really only built a Nimitz class successfully but this doesn't look like an Eslove.

Eslove-Class aircraft carriers during the War were as Sailor described, and as he also said, the decks were painted, but we couldn't find the correct color so we left it wood until we either find a better colorset or decide on compromise on a color in the current set.

Eslove Class Carriers also had walkways and "gaps" between the flight deck and the hull, with the subdeck in the middle, as you can see in the picture.

You'll notice that the front and rear of the carrier have open gaps between the deck and the hull.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=227051.0

Just gonna leave this here...
Ok? I think its obvious that you are making an aircraft carrier as well...

Looks awesome. Keep up the good work. I could help if you needed some terrain around and near the ship.

Thanks for offering, but as of right now I plan on keeping this save as just the carrier so we can utilize it in more ways, making it adaptable to various RP's and TDM's. This could change, and if it does I can PM you.

This is going in Commy's Airport RP?