Author Topic: Is the PS Vita worth the money?  (Read 1924 times)

Opinions?

I have a 3DS, but as always, Nintendo doesn't release a good game for the system.  Instead, they rely on the other companies that shovel out crap for children and casual gamers.  I guess I bought it with the good Gamecube days in mind.

Anyway, I was thinking about buying a PS Vita, but the cost is a bit high to just throw money at it.

Is it worth the cash? 

What is a good amount to pay for one, brand new? 

Which games are good?

Most importantly, I want opinions of the system and the games that are currently released for it.  You can mention the future releases, but I currently don't care about those as of right now.

Which was that game where you had a mob of people that could sprint pick up stuff and throw it at a different mob?

Buy it used.

I heard that the system can be damaged easily, where it still works... but will be slow to load games or shift menus.  I want to make sure that it works flawlessly.

Also, I'm not poor, I just don't want to waste cash on something I won't enjoy.  You know.

I think its worth it. A friend of mine has one and he loves it

ps vita
more like
$250 persona 4 machine

not enough good games to be worth your money.

I heard that the system can be damaged easily, where it still works... but will be slow to load games or shift menus.  I want to make sure that it works flawlessly.

Also, I'm not poor, I just don't want to waste cash on something I won't enjoy.  You know.
Buy it second hand from Amazon, their stuff is usually good. If you want you could also try to find it near by and test it out before hand. If the system gets damaged easily it probably don't last you too long in new condition.

Alrighty, I guess I'll pass on the system.

I saw the game called "Persona 4 Golden" and thought "Huh, that looks fun."

Then searching amazon there were a number of titles that looked good, and this is excluding the war games, Assassin's Creed, and the other big names that I wouldn't buy.

Anyway, yeah, I'm passing.  I saw that it's $250 + the cost of a bigger memory card (because it currently doesn't hold a lot with the default 4 gb) + the game(s) + Playstation Plus (which seems almost necessary, right?)

It's just too much.