Author Topic: Posting my map?  (Read 1194 times)

Kungfu-Ninja

Ok i need a wee bita help,

Ive made a map that i soon want to release, ive got it all working with the preveiw image and that. But what now? I have no idea how to put anything into self extracting folders and my ports hate me right now so i want a friend to host my map, do i just post the map files and everyone can put it into there mission folder themselfs or what?

Kungfu-Ninja

Anyone? Cookies for those who help?  :cookie:

Gather up every single file you used to make your map.
The next step, is to create a replica of your blockland folder, without all the actual files in them, so just name the folders the same, but don't put every single file in.
Afterwards, put all your files that you used to make the map into those empty replica folders.
After this step, go to the main folder containing all of this, and assuming you have Winrar, right click on that folder and select "Add to *foldername*.rar" It should create a .rar named after the folder in the same directory as the folder.
Feel free to rename that .rar.
After this, you can go to a file uploading site such as www.mediafire.com, or anything else you can find, and upload it, and post the link it gives you here.
Good luck, I look forward to see your map.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.