If Blockland had microphone support, how do you think the community would react?

Author Topic: If Blockland had microphone support, how do you think the community would react?  (Read 2113 times)

It would very rapidly result in micspam.

everyones always worried about micspam stuff when i'm sure if badspot did add microphone support, he'd also add a mute feature to mute the annoying cunts. i'm also sure there'd be mods to have votemute on public servers.
so far everyones logic that it will lead to micspam is horribly flawed.

AAAGH

Why does everyone flip their stuff about 9 year old screaming into the mic? Just mute them and move on, dammit.
Edit: Atleast Ceist is thinking straight.

Building and DMing would be alot easier. Yes, you can use tactics besides the jump-crouch-strafe method.

If anyone ever made this (probably badspot, unlikely), we would have mute options, and server hosts and admins could mute people. Actually, everyone should be muted and need to be manually unmuted, unless prefs otherwise.

Why does everyone flip their stuff about 9 year old screaming into the mic? Just mute them and move on, dammit.
Edit: Atleast Ceist is thinking straight.
I'm so glad there's someone that has sense make here.
If anyone ever made this (probably badspot, unlikely), we would have mute options, and server hosts and admins could mute people. Actually, everyone should be muted and need to be manually unmuted, unless prefs otherwise.
That would be horrible ;_;

I actually think that microphone support would enhance game-play very much so, but there is no doubt in my mind that IF we ever have it, there would be a mute feature.

It would be nice in an ideal community, where everyone engaged in mature and productive conversation... ideal

It would very rapidly result in micspam.
just like in every other game ever, that's a really stupid reason to give against it

Guys...

WE HAVE A loving SERVER ADMIN FEATURE. ADMINS CAN BAN MICSPAMMERS.

This is a horrible idea, but a good one at the same time. A person whos been abusive with their mic could be muted FOR EVERYONE, so his mic won't broadcast anything.

It should be "client-sided", allowing players to mute who they want. By that I mean, Blockhead32323 can mute JHawk and Tabby while they insult him on his avatar.

It should be "client-sided", allowing players to mute who they want. By that I mean, Blockhead32323 can mute JHawk and Tabby while they insult him on his avatar.
jhawk and tabby be cyperbullyin yo

Guys...

WE HAVE A loving SERVER ADMIN FEATURE. ADMINS CAN BAN MICSPAMMERS.
People act like a muting ability won't be thought of.

I would just mute everyone.

Even though a mute function would be very obvious, it would still be done.
I just said that there is a great chance that people will do this. :P