3 (21.4%)
Slammer
0 (0%)
Jammer
2 (14.3%)
Thank you Ma'ammer
9 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: [SLAM NOWISH] Charles Barkley's Castlecontra Boogaloo: Blockhead Reveangence  (Read 4783 times)

Information

Charles Barkley's Castlecontra Boogaloo: Blockhead Reveangence is a top-down hack and slash game in the works since yesterday. Take the role as a young hero, whom enters Barkley's abode. "Why has he sent raids to our village, taking all the jammers?" you ask youself. "He's a very nice person, something's sketch about all this." Sword, Spear, or Bow in hand, you, with or without allies, delve deep into Barkley's castle for resolution. With Blockland's new features, this map is able to encorperate events with bots and camera events! This build is about 19k bricks right now, as we are both trying to conserve bricks along with give it a simple yet appealing look during high-octane fights. As of now only the first area is complete.

"Slam with the best or Jam with the rest!"

Images

Other Media

Just a request if there are any good natured rascals out there whom can film a great video. I do finally have a gameplay video!

Teaser

Gameplay

Credits

Orion - founding and creating the build, eventing a majority of the events, and altogether thinking of the build.
Wing Zero - refining the build with detail, built decorations for rooms
Flamecannon - built decorations for rooms, decided on space jam theme, made topic
Armageddon - fixing up some add-ons to match up with prefered damage range

Questions and Answers

Q. What else is being added into the game?
A, 1. Shop to spend doshes, gained after fighting a boss. We're planning on all the items to cost the same so that way you are still limited to a few weapons.
A. 2. Shack'ille O-Heal, an area to heal up before every boss fight or so.
A. 3. Rare item drops in sacs. These'll come from SECRET BOSSES, or are at least bound to be.
A. 4. More weapons, we are practically using default and we'd like to have weapons that have tiers.
A. 5. Music, to enforce the theme. A majority will be simply Quad City Djs vs Any Video Game song

Q. Why top-down player and not just normal first/thirdperson player?
A. We found that simply using no-jet player was too easy as we could easily abuse the spear to our advantage. It also wouldn't have the charm we feel it has.

Q. Do you plan on finishing this or should we just assume it'll be shelved?
A. As of right now we're really wanting to finish as we all have some great ideas swinging about as we build and we can't encorperate them all. I have a feeling if we continue this very fast pace, we'll be done by the time the week is over.

Q. Why Space Jam?
A. Iunno.

Is the server online?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:37:37 AM by Flamecannon »

This is great.
Hurry and host!

yehngng

something i'd REALLY LIKE TO MENTION is my spring break starts this week and orions ends on tuesday...

You may want to get the skeleton decals that were recommended to go with the skele-bots, it might help with the faces.

You may want to get the skeleton decals that were recommended to go with the skele-bots, it might help with the faces.

i have them, but not sure how to push them to other players. (don't think it's possible actually, all clients have to get it themselves if they want it)

unfortunately these pictures aren't too good because the entirety of the game is meant to be played top down, aka all detail is focused on the floor and not on walls.

since the pictures are angled upwards, the lack of detail in walls and the ugly things towering into the sky can be seen.

slammin' this thread to keep it jamming

it'd look better if orion wasnt dying at school so we could get people to experience the game itself ;-;-;-;-;-;

Oh man, I've been wanting to see something like this in Blockland since bots came out.

Hilarious and awesome looking.

i really enjoyed helping orion with this lol. he showed me your concept art and i was like 'woaaa'.

please put in elements from everything in the title.

Castlevania, Contra, MGR and those charles barkley games

We are up and ready for slam jammers to join in!

We are taking suggestions! Especially bosses and levels.

So far we have only thought of the following basketball players as bosses.
- Yao Ming
- Kobe Bryant
- Dwayne Wade
- The 7 Deadly Globetrotters, a boss with 7 phases or 7 just coming at you
- Magic Johnson
- Micheal Jordan
- Charles Barkley, of course

Basketball players with other roles
- Shaquille O-Neal

Secret Bosses
- Everyone as a boss whom name lands in the credits
- Opening all tomes + another thing we think of = Chaos Dunkington er sojnhjujaghsomething chaos