Author Topic: Austrians/Turks all pissy about star wars lego set  (Read 832 times)

http://austriantimes.at/news/General_News/2013-01-23/46629/Turks_Declare_Star_Wars_on_Lego
and an american article:
http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2013/04/01/report-lego-to-stop-production-of-star-wars-set-due-to-anti-muslim-backlash/

this:

Apparently was modeled after the hagia sophia and the Jami alKabar (did i spell those right?)

and

and besides the building similarities, muslims were quick to recognize all their own dirty stereotypes within the set and get all huffy about it.

just for the hell of it i looked up the original movie's jabba's palace, that more then likely the lego set was actually modeled from. Though i guess one wouldnt know at this point if THIS was copied from muslim holy sites or not lol.

It's not like they advertley copied them

They are screwey in the heads over there anyways

Turks are already giant starfishs, so I expect something as trivial as this making them stuff their panties.

good god lol

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=lego+jabba&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC1&_nkw=lego+9516&_sacat=0

these are being pulled from stores all over the world.
i have to assume in the US as well if the price is this high, wouldnt make sense to try and whore the set for so much when its still in stores for 35 bucks lol

would have been nice to catch a few sets beforehand :p

Though i guess one wouldnt know at this point if THIS was copied from muslim holy sites or not lol.

if Ralph McQuarrie didn't die last year we could have asked him.

I say forget the turks.  They had their fun killing off Armenians and nobody gave a stuff.

HOLY stuff IT HAS A DOME loving AMERICANS MAKING FUN OF OUR BUILDINGS

HOLY stuff IT HAS A DOME loving AMERICANS MAKING FUN OF OUR BUILDINGS

yea and my head is domed I'm so offended I'm going to go burn a candle111!

bamp cuz its not 1am anymore

you are the turk stink

Oh yeah, it has a domed roof and a thin tower.
It's obviously a mosque, as nothing else with a domed roof and a thin tower could be possibly be anything but a mosque.

And seriously, complaining that it has a guns and a "hooker".
It's directly copying the Star Wars films. This is less a problem with Lego than it is a problem with Star Wars.
And I can only assume these members of the muslim community never buy any Lego sets, because countless sets contain swords and guns and weapons.

Whether Lego was going to remove the set of their own accord or not, it's incredibly unfair and selfish that the small minority of people complaining ridiculously can have the effect of the rest of the world having it removed.
It's just like when TV shows have to apologise for something because 3 people out of the 2 million viewers who watched it decided to phone in and complain about something.

“The game is pedagogical dynamite. It depicts Muslims as terrorists.”
Hot damn could these people get any more easily offended?

"Shocking red and black devil’s scowl at the top of the box packaging on the right, which is at least an obvious signal that the toy should not lie under the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve"
Holy stuff people are so stupid.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:07:57 PM by Qwepir »

Holy stuff people are so stupid.
That's religion for you