Author Topic: [VIDEO] Simple demonstration of a Blockland text-terminal  (Read 3091 times)

Comblock space-station text-terminal.

It was built so I could cut down on the amount of buttons and switches needed to control the station's lights, doors, engines, teleporters etc. This was done with pure VCE and the setPrintText addon. It also allows for commands such as MSG- which allows a message from the computer (which has been typed by an operator) to be displayed onto the chat of all the users on the server.

Seems like a neat little device so I hoping it inspires you to build and event
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:17:14 PM by aludane »

Wow, very cool. A lot of potential in that. I like it a lot

what's the neat trick behind pressing down the buttons?

and what is the button pressing sound you used?

I think that's fakekillbrick

but yeah it looks awesome /drools

Whoa, it looks like you have your own nifty little lab of sorts. Im honestly really interested in your lab, could you make a video demonstrating it? You've actually inspired me to actually build something on Blockland, I haven't really built anything since I bought this game (2011 I think lol)

and what is the button pressing sound you used?

Named Brick -> setShapeFX - Water

The sounds is "STButton2", I'm going to assume this is one of Plant's Star Trek sounds which can be found on RTB.

and then theres icygamma humping anything and everything

whats that background sound called, it sounds really cool

You'll love my Pixel Events add-on then.
That looks good.

whats that background sound called, it sounds really cool
I'm really not sure, I think it's just some standard ambient sounds probably from one of Plant's sound packs.

and then theres icygamma humping anything and everything
He was being an Isarian.

How did you make it look like the buttons were being pressed down?

How did you make it look like the buttons were being pressed down?
Named Brick -> setShapeFX - Water

might i ask how you made it so that when a specific command was entered, something happened?

might i ask how you made it so that when a specific command was entered, something happened?
It's a bit complex but I use VCE functions that allow for string concatenation when supplying the arguments to that function. E.g:

Hello = "Hi "
World = "Forums"

CallFunction Concat <var:br:Hello> <var:br:World>

this would become "Hi Forums" or <var:br:arg0> (within the brick that the function call was supplied to)

What you're seeing on the screen is a string being created from keyboard inputs, I could in theory create a macro that enters the text of.. let's say "CVALUE-" with just one event. Quite cool considering I could program keys using the computer itself or make it enters words faster.

If it's still confusing, I'll send a demo .bls file to explain further.