Author Topic: Minecraft Block Party Server  (Read 7093 times)

Introduction
As said in the title, it's a block party with the theme of Minecraft.  Yes, this is a server in Blockland, so don't say that this belongs in off topic.

Many of the default add-ons have been removed to make it as much like Minecraft as possible.  Many extra add-ons have been added, and are always being searched for, to give you a better Minecraft experience in Blockland.  Add-ons are listed farther below.

Screenshots

Rules
Yes, like all servers, there are rules that you must obey.
These rules are not listed in the server itself, as I'm having trouble with the rules add-ons.  It won't show up in preferences.
But, these are the current rules.

1.  Blend in with the terrain next to you.
2.  Use only Minecraft blocks, 64x64 baseplates and 64x64 zones (I will make some exceptions for blocks that are not included in the brick pack).
3.  No flat land; all terrain must have some type of unique terrain design.
4.  Any build that me and the rest of the admins on the server do not consider a "quality" build can and probably will be destroyed.
5.  Respect admins on the server.
6.  Don't like the idea of Minecraft in Blockland?  Don't join!  You don't need to complain about something that is not mandatory.
7.  All nether portals must use setPlayerTransform to send them to the nether terrain area.
8.  Do not add underground materials (stone, dirt, sandstone, ores, etc.); this takes up the brick count and makes the server lag.
9.  If you have any complaints, please contact me via PM.  All complaints in the comments will be ignored.

Admins
Name
Clone2
catzoo
BLID
Rank
Host
Admin

Add-Ons
There are two groups of add-ons I use; RTB supported (on RTB forums) and non RTB supported (not on RTB forums).

RTB Supported
Server Rules
Terrain Build Rules
Minecraft Bow
Minecraft Creeper
Minecraft Letters
Minecraft Pickaxes
Minecraft Prints
Minecraft Sounds - Misc
Minecraft Sounds - Ambience
Minecraft Sounds - Animals
Minecraft Sounds - Footsteps
Minecraft Sounds - Monsters
Minecraft Swords
Minecraft Zombie
Event - setPlayerTransform
Cube Print Bricks

Non RTB Supported
Minecraft Bricks FIXED, please redonwload
Minecraft Mobs [PLAYERTYPE] Added Enderman (ONLY GHAST, BLAZE, AND ENDERMAN; ZOMBIE AND CREEPER ARE RTB SUPPORTED)
Sound- Minecraft Creeper Ssss
Creeper Self Destruct Weapon

COMING SOON Add-Ons
These add-ons are currently under consideration.
Minecraft Ground Textures
Minecraft Sky
Minecraft Sun Flares
Minecraft Water and Lava

News
04/07/2013 - Server is up and running.
04/09/2013 - Topic published.
04/10/2013 - Added a blacklist.  Currently, there's no one on it.  Let's try and keep it that way!
04/10/2013 - Added catzoo as an administrator.
04/11/2013 - Rebooted the server with new add-ons!
04/12/2013 - Added a Nether World terrain build area.
04/19/2013 - Added a server status down below.
04/20/2013 - Got rid of that stupid picture under Join Server.
04/20/2013 - Downloaded a brick generator.  Maybe some more bricks can be added!

Blacklist
Currently, nobody.
Let's try and keep it that way!

Join Server

JOIN SERVER

Server hosted using Return to Blockland Dedicated Hosting Service.

If anyone is able to download the brick pack and add some more bricks to it, that would be great!
Texture Pack: oCd Texture Pack 1.5

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 02:49:40 PM by Clone2 »

Red brick spam, oh joy

Red brick spam, oh joy
The bricks are not actually red.
That's just what you see because of how the Minecraft blocks are set up.

I'm sorry but I legitimately do not see the appeal of playing a building game... inside of another building game. I just don't get it.

Red brick spam, oh joy
There are now screenshots.
They are a more accurate depiction of what the server looks likes.

Rules
Yes, like all servers, there are rules that you must obey.
These rules are not listed in the server itself, as I'm having trouble with the rules add-ons.  It won't show up in preferences.
But, these are the current rules.

5.  Respect admins on the server.
6.  Don't like the idea of Minecraft in Blockland?  Don't join!  You don't need to complain about something that is not mandatory.
9.  If you have any complaints, please contact me via PM.  All complaints in the comments will be ignored.
WHAT KIND OF RULES ARE THESE

you're practically saying that admins are on a higher level than you.

you can't fix an issue by just "Not joining"
We always complain about players in the game, but the game is mandatory?
does that mean we can never complain about things ever since pretty much everything is mandatory?

I'm sorry but I legitimately do not see the appeal of playing a building game... inside of another building game. I just don't get it.

Seems a little baffling to me, too.... But to my understanding, it's just Blockland's building mechanics, but more restricted for sake of a theme. Seems okay, I might have a look some time soon.

Sncreenshots

Anyway, I hate it when people make minecraft stuff in blockland.
I guess people don't have creativity anymore.

Currently, I'm the only "official" admin.  There are some other people that know the password,
Are you telling me there is an admin password
Are you loving crazy

WHAT KIND OF RULES ARE THESE

No, I'm saying that you should respect them.
As in, OBEY THEM!

you can't fix an issue by just "Not joining"
What issue are you talking about?
I said, "If you don't like the idea, don't join."
The idea is not an issue.

We always complain about players in the game, but the game is mandatory?
I said it's NOT mandatory!
Learn how to read.

does that mean we can never complain about things ever since pretty much everything is mandatory?
Again, it's NOT mandatory.
And if you don't like it, all you have to do is stay away from the server and its topic.
You don't need to make a fuss about how it's bad idea.

Are you telling me there is an admin password
Are you loving crazy
The password is impossible to find out.  It's not an actual word.  It's a bunch of random letters and numbers.
Now if you hack the server, that's a different story.  But if you can hack a server to find out the password, I'm pretty sure you can hack it to become admin.

The password is impossible to find out.  It's not an actual word.  It's a bunch of random letters and numbers.
Now if you hack the server, that's a different story.  But if you can hack a server to find out the password, I'm pretty sure you can hack it to become admin.
The point of having a blank pass is so that admins can't give it to someone else.

Isn't that generally how servers work?

Isn't that generally how servers work?
Admins are players that are given powers to moderate other players, not to rule over and earn respect or authority from the players. Admins are players.