Author Topic: Blockland Window Relocation  (Read 874 times)

Hey everyone! Hope you're having a great day!

If you clicked this topic then it's likely you're hoping to help me and I thank you for that.

My Situation: Blockland disappears (as if it where 'hidden') when I go full screen. I figured, I can live with that, so I started playing windowed. I soon realized it's much harder to immerse yourself in the game without fullscreen. So I looked at my options, I tried setting it to the highest resolution on windowed and even then it was too small. I discovered if you put it on borderless it offers higher resolution options. One matched my screen size, so I clicked that. This was great until I found out how much this cripples you (in my case). Take a look at the picture below, I'll explain why this is an issue after.

The menu bar cuts off maybe a half inch of my screen, no big deal right? Wrong.

It has been my experience that most GUI's open at the top of your screen, for example, RTB GUI's.

Meaning if you want to close the window, you can't, the menu bar blocks it. I have ran into this problem numerous times. In addition, I miss the top few messages because of it so I must page-up more often then normal. Also it sucks not being able to see who is currently typing.

My Solution: Go into the prefs file and bring the Y axis size down a few notches ("$pref::Video::windowedRes")
This worked, my screen now meets the menu bar at the top.

My Problem: My solution caused another problem, with a smaller screen my desktop is now (ONCE AGAIN) visible. It's very annoying and recreates the original immersion problem.

My Question: Does anyone know how to drag it down to the bottom of the screen? I don't think you're able to drag in borderless mode. Is there a preference that sets where the window is located on startup?

Thanks guys, I love the Blockland Community.

My Question: Does anyone know how to drag it down to the bottom of the screen? I don't think you're able to drag in borderless mode. Is there a preference that sets where the window is located on startup?

Thanks guys, I love the Blockland Community.
In answer to this, no.

We love you too

You can't.
I'm so so sorry baby. Lets go to the store and pick out a treat.

You can't.
I'm so so sorry baby. Lets go to the store and pick out a treat.
Anything I want? :D

Somebody has to know a way. There's gotta be.
Like $pref::Video::defaultstartposition or something of the sort, I know the prefs file doesn't include all the possible torque settings, mostly because that would be unnecessary. For example, $pref::Video:: profiledVendor = "ATI Technologies Inc.";

Somebody has to know a way. There's gotta be.

There is no 100% no way.

There is no 100% no way.
I bet you BadSpot could do it! I can't believe you don't believe in him!

I bet you BadSpot could do it! I can't believe you don't believe in him!
Badspot doesn't really care much for the Mac OS X version of Blockland I can see why though as things seem to work stupid on there with the torque engine.

Wait a minute I thought osx had Fullscreen?

Wait a minute I thought osx had Fullscreen?
It used to, at least for me. ):