Author Topic: Is nintendo dieing?  (Read 1829 times)

elbowdrops everywhere
well thats what i get for overly praising miyamoto
but there's a justified reason to do so he did make a lot of video games today exist

selling fast? no its not. the new wii is underselli g all other consoles. even under selling the older 360 and ps3s

they even began to downplay the production by like 30%
After googling, sales are dropping, but that's normal for this time period. Sales drop in a lot of things after December.

I was almost fooled by a site that said the sales have increased a lot. But then I also seen on this same site, that the Pokemon TCG came out before the videogames did, and that Nintendo is the cause for plastering Pikachu everywhere and had nothing to do with the Anime what-so-ever.

>implying the Wii-U was equal to ps3 and xbox360
>laff

Remember all those times Nintendo didn't just remake the same game over and over for 20 years?
Me neither.
I remember.
I also remember a lot of other games borrowing concepts from Nintendo games.

Since when did Nintendo make anything that resembles a carrot besides the Wii Remote? (Which still dosen't look like a carrot)
jokes not allowed. even really poorly thought out ones.

so to express an actual opinion, i feel like the Wii/U are far behind the PS3/360. it's shown in sales and hardware.

what the forget are you on
i'm on tired.

typing out messy opinions that's what you do on a sunday

"You know, HP is getting very dull. I wish they'd finally produce something other than computers and printers."
"Pizza Hut is making more than just pizza? What the hell, that isn't right, and I bet it'll taste bad."

There's a reason why there aren't many new types of games, or at the least I believe, it's bound to be "what to make?" Kirby and Mario take on platformers, the latter with a variety of sport and party games, Legend of Zelda takes on the action-puzzler genre, Metroid with a shooting/platforming genre, Animal Crossing takes a simplified simulator, Earthbound (Although no new remakes, gee this is what my opinion's arguement is based on) and Pokemon for RPGs, even Pikmin with an RTS like game, you can probably think of others. What do you want, a reskin? Sure there's bound to be other genres to fill in, but there's either already a game filling the genre quite well, or their normal "family friendly game maker vibe" doesn't allow them to do so. The only thing to make most of these new are gimmicks, and obviously people don't like them. They're definitely going to phone it in, they do new gimmicks anyway because that's how innovation works. Trying out new things. If it gets a 2/10 then maybe they won't try it again, or maybe they'd risk a new approach to it.

I'm not too big on the "nostalgia cigarette" term, I'd only agree if they know whatever game isn't great. Is curiosity really means of being a stufflord? Anyways take this as jargon or agree, doesn't really matter as long as I feel I kinda defended my favorite game developers. If that's just childhood calling me, I'd just agree with whatever it says.

jokes not allowed. even really poorly thought out ones

What does that have to do with you saying Nintendo makes carrots?

The Wii U has so far outsold the Xbox360's and PS3's sales after 4 months.

Didn't Sony come out with the "Playstation Move" stuff after the Wii came out?

Sounds to me like Nintendo is setting a template for other companies.
Yes, but the technology was offered to Microsoft and Sony. Both companies pretty much shat on the guy telling them about it.

Funny because the ps2 eyetoy came out first
Funny because the Zapper and Power Glove came out before you or either of these other console series' were born.

well the wii-U has failed miserably. terrible sales with no expected games that could save it.

serves em right for remaking the same 10 games for 20 years.
The Wii U outsold Xbox360 and PS3 compared to the first 4 months. If Nintendo had spent more money on an ad campaign and some better launch games (Which it didn't, yet they managed to beat the other consoles), Nintendo would shut down their offices because all the employees died from drowning in money.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:08:18 PM by Tonkka² »

jokes not allowed. even really poorly thought out ones.

so to express an actual opinion, i feel like the Wii/U are far behind the PS3/360. it's shown in sales and hardware.
i'm on tired.

I like the handhelds but not their consoles

Nah, Sony is however getting weaker. If the PS4 doesn't show any more promise, I'll buy a Wii-U

i really enjoy Nintendo.

some of their newer games have been a bit repetitive, I'll definitely get a 3DS for luigi's mansion though.

oh and new mario & luigi game

i really enjoy Nintendo.

some of their newer games have been a bit repetitive, I'll definitely get a 3DS for luigi's mansion though.

oh and new mario & luigi game