Blockland Glass - Open Beta

Author Topic: Blockland Glass - Open Beta  (Read 17830 times)

Not quite sure why I haven't been adding the new code so far, I guess when I started this I wasn't really intending to continue, considering that this just started off as another test-run. I haven't touched anything on Github besides the Glass-Server repo. The rest does need a clean-up.

Oh, wow, I thought you had the TorqueScript stuff there. So I should just feel free to submit any code right here?
I'm going to start updating git again, so feel free to make any contributions there if you're interested.

Why the hell is this my job? Who says I'm interested? How am I not contributing a little to the idea, anyway?
Who's job is it then, if you are the only one that is complaining?

Who's job is it then, if you are the only one that is complaining?
Tell that to suggestions+requests.

Beta 2

First off, I'd like to thank the 13 of you who have downloaded beta 1! Your participation was a great aid in squashing bugs and fixing up the server. Unfortunately, a flaw in the engine led me to believe that beta 1 was actually functional, while in reality it was not at all. I've fixed that up in beta 2, along with adding server tracking, which currently only works with BLG servers. I've decided just to ship that functionality in beta 2 to just show that I am indeed getting work done, and to release a fix of the server information page.

You may notice that the ratings area has changed. There is currently no way to submit a rating, and I'm currently rethinking the entire system. Once again, simply disregard the rating area.

Please post regarding any bugs, and please include your console.log. This is crucial to fixing the bug.

Server tracking can be found on the RTB overlay. If you don't have RTB, you'll have to wait until beta 3. When adding a new server to follow, add the host by BLID. My server, as usual, will be available if you'd like to experiment. My BLID is 9789.

Beta 2

nice work, downloading.

Beta 2
Ugh. I hate how they put download buttons in the advertisements to trick you.

What is server tracking

The bare-bones of it is that you get a notification when a server that your like goes on/offline.

Take the one that doesnt have a suspicious link pop up at the bottom left

Have a direct link.

can i use this with RTB?

That's definitely something I want to do. Reporting a link, or even a server as a whole. Unfortunately, that could be abused and every url could be marked as malicious.
Can we still have this as a feature? This is what a review board is for.

Development Update

I'm stuck in that place called the "real world" right now. It's exam season, so development has been stagnant since beta 2. Additionally, I'm currently stuck in some personal issues, which has been eating some additional time. I do wish to continue with this project, and will as soon as summer starts.

The server is currently offline. I'm out of town for aforementioned personal issues, and within 24 hours of me leaving town, the daily Florida storms knocked out the power and cause my development server to reset in to a form of safe mode, rendering it inaccessible for the next week or so.

Next up on my list is remote control, allowing the host (and host only, unless a lot of people disagree) to control the server without actually being online.

I've already made a web-panel just for fun, and there's potential to hook up remote server management for that too so that you can manage your server on the go.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:30:36 PM by Scout31 »