Author Topic: No Network Adapters... ANYWHERE  (Read 1746 times)

Keep in mind, it had wifi before all of this occurred.

So I recently came into possession of a laptop from a friend, I re-installed Windows 7 to get rid of everything and clear the slate. After the installation I found that I had no wifi, I'm like "wtf". So I go into Network and Sharing Center->Change Adapter Settings, there weren't any adapters. Again, wtf. So then I go to device manager with the same result, no "Network Adapters" category in there anywhere. So now I am a complete and total loving loss and screaming What the forget because what the forget is wrong.

I also have an ethernet cord plugged into it right now and still no internet or anything. It doesn't recognize that the loving cord is plugged in.

Reinstall your drivers from a flash drive.

If you check the device manager you'll see a bunch of unknown devices, not just wireless card. You'll need to find and install all of them if you want the computer to work properly.

Reinstall your drivers from a flash drive.

I dunno which drivers to install as I can't see the devices.

If you check the device manager you'll see a bunch of unknown devices, not just wireless card. You'll need to find and install all of them if you want the computer to work properly.

Would they be under Other Devices? I don't see a wifi device in there :c[/s]

I found the devices, however they are not named so I have no idea what drivers to install!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 08:37:12 PM by Butler »

I dunno which drivers to install as I can't see the devices.

Would they be under Other Devices? I don't see a wifi device in there :c
Yes. It will just show up as unknown device under other devices because your computer has no idea what it is.

Just look up the model number of your laptop on the manufacturer's website, download all of the drivers for your operating system, put them on a flash drive, and install all of them.

ok, so I just downloaded all of the wireless drivers available and in the process of transferring them over to the laptop.

It worked, I was going through installing them all, and it was the last loving one that worked.