Author Topic: I think I've become better at arguing  (Read 842 times)

Got into an argument with this bible thumper (idiot who quotes it but doesn't understand stuff) about homoloveuality. Ill try to quote it the best I can.

Dude 1: What is wrong with being gay?

Dude 2: Everything, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve

Me: Isn't Christianity about accepting people for who they are? They may be sins but you know what else is a sin? Divorce. And the result of a woman divorcing someone was for to be stoned to death, but people don't do that and still divorce people. While the Bible gives no punishment for people who are homoloveuals.

Dude 2: What does this have to do with cigarettes?

Me: Well your reason for hating homoloveuals is obviously because you think its a sin. Divorce is a sin that has a punishment, but no one follows through with it.

Dude 2: Shut the forget up, I don't care. Being a friend is not normal!

Me: It doesn't matter if its normal or not, you know what is not normal? brown town love with a woman, but people still do it. We do tons of stuff that is not normal.
That is no reason to persecute them for the way they ARE. YOU can't change them, it won't happen. Why does it matter to you if its what makes them happy? If you were to get a divorce, and that made you happy, should we treat you like stuff? nope.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:24:02 PM by Slugger »

Not the best argument in the world, but it works and you're still right. 7/10

Being good at arguing isn't exactly an accomplishment or a good thing. Maybe you mean debating?

100/10 would bang your argument again.

didn't adam and eve have two sons
you know
who had to reproduce

you know
who had to reproduce
i've always wondered this too
i mean, if Adam and Eve were the only people god put on Earth, and they had children, wouldn't they be the only family on earth unless.. Well.. Yeah.

you know
who had to reproduce
no NO NO THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN NO

If god made everything, then home come only Europeans knew about him? Everyone else who isn't white or in Europe never heard of god. Unless god takes the form of the deity's of other cultures.

May Chantico Aztec god of Volcanos warm your homes this winter.

tbh sounds like you were arguing with an 11 year old
or a complete dumbass
which isn't much to show off your argument skills

If god made everything, then home come only Europeans knew about him? Everyone else who isn't white or in Europe never heard of god. Unless god takes the form of the deity's of other cultures.

May Chantico Aztec god of Volcanos warm your homes this winter.

that reminds me of the argument of "if god punishes you for believing in other gods, then why did he give you the ability to believe in other gods"

I'm stuff at arguing.
By the second or third response I would have been like

I usually just ask them what they're wearing and if it's not 100% cotton I throw rocks at them until they leave.

i dont really see the point of posting how good of an arguer you are