Requesting Help - Advanced RPG Weapons (Scripters and Animators Needed)

Author Topic: Requesting Help - Advanced RPG Weapons (Scripters and Animators Needed)  (Read 3274 times)

Mr.Noßody's RPG Weapon Set

Ive had these models lying around in my models folder for years collecting dust. Back when Jerkface's RPG weapon packs were new, I figured I should make my own thinking I could do better. Long story short, I ran into scripting and animating problems and I abandoned them. Looking back at them, I feel I gave up too quickly. I need some good men to step up and lend me a hand on finally finishing this pack.

My intention for these weapons is to have decent swing and attack animations as well as have separate levels of material and damage being balanced throughout. My main issue is with creating decent animations and having them call through the coding. The hand models will not stay skin toned as they are just placeholders. A more golvelike texture will be swapped in after the fact.

So as of now I need a coder and an animator. If you can or would like to help, send me a PM and Ill give you the models/textures.
Right now they are Milkshape Files (.ms3d), but can be exported as a .dts or another format if needed. (Specify if you'd like a different file format)

Specifics:

So, here is the bucket list of what the weapons need:

The animations will have parts to them, perhaps two different swing patterns if the player continues to attack. There will also be a blocking animation where the player brings the weapon up in a defensive pose.
In addition, there will also be special attacks. (Two for each weapon)

Animations will be longer and attack speed slower deepening on the size of the weapon.
The weapons range from size Largest to Smallest:
Code: [Select]
Battle Axe
Warhammer
Two Handed Sword
Mace
Long Sword
Short Sword
Cudgel
Dagger
Don't worry about what the base damage is as that will be changed and tweaked. It's going to scale with weapon material which I will add later. Just put an understandable number as a placeholder.

Blocking:

The weapons will have a simple block feature. When the player hits shift (duck), the player puts their weapon in a defensive position blocking all damage. However, certain weapons can only block so many hits. The dagger can only block one attack at a time. Also, while blocking the player moves much slower
The weapons can block the following number of attacks in one block.
Code: [Select]
- Large Weapons:
Battle Axe
Warhammer
Two Handed Sword
(Blocks 5 Hits)

- Medium Weapons:
Mace
Long Sword
Short Sword
(Blocks 3 Hits)

- Small Weapons:
Cudgel
Dagger
(Blocks 1 Hit)
If the player hits the limit of blocks for their weapon, the player stops blocking and cannot attack again as if they had just attacked. I beleive this is called the "weapon timeout"

Special Attacks:

Each weapon will have a set of two special attacks that can be earned with successful weapon hits. The first special would simply be a more powerful attack (about 1.5 times base damage) with a faster animation, the second will double the weapons base damage and have a separate animation.

Each weapon will require 6 successful hits to max the meter out and will require 3 successful hits for the first special. Each successful attack generates one charge. Successful hits with a special attack will not generate a charge.

This would require a GUI. The bar would be green below 3 hits, yellow above 3 and red at max. If you can, place the bar at the bottom left of the screen standing upwards.

If you can help with anything on this list, please respond via PM to me, or on the topic. Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:14:20 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Really? Nobody even wants to comment on this?
Come on you guys..

I wish I could help.  I really do.  But I haven't scripted a weapon yet, or even tried to animate one.

If you want to pm me one of those models I could try to learn how off of it, but that's about all I can offer.

btw Those models look awesome.  If this does get completed I hope it turns out well.

I wish I could help.  I really do.  But I haven't scripted a weapon yet, or even tried to animate one.

If you want to pm me one of those models I could try to learn how off of it, but that's about all I can offer.

btw Those models look awesome.  If this does get completed I hope it turns out well.

Well, thanks.

Hey, I can animate them. But I'm new to scripting melee weapons, although I think I can do it.
If you want my help, please PM me on the forums.

Hey, I can animate them. But I'm new to scripting melee weapons, although I think I can do it.
If you want my help, please PM me on the forums.

As for what the weapons would do and how they would work, they would have a bit of coding behind them.

As for what the weapons would do and how they would work, they would have a bit of coding behind them.
I can also do that, but I'm not going to, as I have other weapons to make.
I can animate them and make the scripts which are required for them to work.
But I will not do anything like, for example, making a system for random damage.

So, can you PM me the .ms3d files? Or another format?

I can also do that, but I'm not going to, as I have other weapons to make.
I can animate them and make the scripts which are required for them to work.
But I will not do anything like, for example, making a system for random damage.
So, can you PM me the .ms3d files? Or another format?

Sure, let me compile a pack.

Updates OP with Pack Specifics.

God damn, this section is so desolate. Its pissing me off at how many times the OP has to bump this incredible weapon pack, because nobody is helping.

Yeah, this topic was a failure...

I'm learning to animate, maybe I could help...

I'm learning to animate, maybe I could help...

Oh sorry, missed that.
If your sill interested, PM me and Ill send you the files.