I just loving blacked out

Author Topic: I just loving blacked out  (Read 3195 times)

ok
i am actually quite lucky not to be badly injured or dead right now
I was in my bed for about 20 minutes watching videos on my ipod, laying down. I got up to get some clothes and go take a shower. I went over to my closet to get a shirt, and i just loving fainted.  I remember sighing, and a loud thump, and then the shirt was on the floor, my face was on the wall, and my head hurt like a motherforgeter.
My suspicion is that the rush in bloodflow that you get from sitting/lying down and then quickly getting up, which makes your vision go all dark and wonky combined with the fact that I may have had my legs completely straight while standing caused it, but it seems kind of unlikely.
The main reason that I'm making this thread is that I was a little over a half a second away from falling onto my hardwood floor. If it had happened earlier, I would have fallen backwards and may be blind. If it had happened later, I would have been turning back around and I would have fallen on my face, either against the wooden edge of the bed or the floor. I have felt some slight nausea since, but that may just be stressed. I just want to know if it just happened by chance, or if it may happen again.

Is your room hot, or poorly ventilated? When do you go to bed and how many hours of sleep do you get? How long are you around computers and phones?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:56:44 AM by 95 »

Yeah, occasionally sitting up quickly after sitting down can black you out.

Might have been the heat from the shower. Once I got out of a really hot bath and just passed out on my bed

high as forget on dolphins

I get that blood-rushing-to-head thing every now and then, but one time it happened and my vision was completely black for a good 7 seconds. Scared the living stuff out of me.

your theory pretty much nailed it.

i'm not sure as to why it happens though. i've experienced similar stuff (not falling over or anything though) when stretching while sitting at my desk working / doing whatever.

it's exclusively due to having gotten up too fast. you're going to want to get up as quick as you normally do, but just stay near where you were sitting, so you have something to fall back to.

I get that blood-rushing-to-head thing every now and then, but one time it happened and my vision was completely black for a good 7 seconds. Scared the living stuff out of me.
I'd say mine was about 2 seconds, but I lost all bodily functions. The fact that my brain's last impulse before hitting "Restart" was to exhale just scares the stuff out of me.

this happens every time i stretch. im used to it now, but it makes me lose control of my head and my vision blacks out for about the same amount of time

I am obviously not a doctor but yeah this is normal. If it continues to happen regularly see a doctor, there are a few things which could be causing it. As a one-off thing or not very regularly its completely fine.

If you quickly sit down, hyperventilate then sit back up quickly, you can have this sort of thing. I think it's something related to elevator effect.

Yup that's normal, you got up too fast.

I almost passed out in my bathroom once, I was looking outside as I finished up and everything started to get blindingly bright so I walked back to my room and laid down.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:07:06 AM by Soukuw »