Author Topic: Anti Save Bricks?  (Read 4695 times)

Hello!

Is there a way to not let people into saving my bricks on my server? I have really good builds on it. Thanks!

What do you mean?

No, you cannot prevent people in a server from saving bricks. This is intentional.

If you do not want people to save your build, do not put your build on a public server.

Well thats too bad :(

Thanks anyway!

If you want to prevent people from saving bricks then don't let them on your server.

Now you could allways make some server mod so the server sends false data to the client which doesn't recive the actual build but just maybe some random spam instead techiaclly that is possible. not though if they make a client mod that saves the bricks of what the server sends on join, if now the server/client communication works as im guessing it does.

so yes it should work as long as someone doesn't mod the client to save it manually.

Now you could allways make some server mod so the server sends false data to the client which doesn't recive the actual build but just maybe some random spam instead techiaclly that is possible. not though if they make a client mod that saves the bricks of what the server sends on join, if now the server/client communication works as im guessing it does.

so yes it should work as long as someone doesn't mod the client to save it manually.
If they don't save events or ownership, saving is entirely client-sided.

But, if they save events or ownership, the server will send them the bricks too.
So, in theory, you could make a mod that will make players who save events or ownership save a giant troll face pixelart instead of your build.

Welp.. I dont know how to make mods Dx
 :cookieMonster:

Quote from: Badspot
There already is an option for this it's called "single player".  But seriously no one gives a ice cream about your ice creamty builds so please just play the goddamn game the way it is or panda off and play something else.

Listen up noobs, saving is here to stay.  If you can't handle someone else playing with your build, grow the hell up.

If you start doing gay ice cream to break my game, I'm going to start banning you from the master server.  This is a war you don't want to start because I'm the only one with nukes.

If you don't want people "stealing" your builds, put a password on your server or play in single player mode.

Then you'll have to deal with people saving your builds then.  It's a core feature of the game.  This whole topic is as dumb as those javascript crap things that try to stop you from saving images in your browser.  People like to save builds so they can look at them locally and play with them later, or maybe add on to them on their own server.

Just because a few 12 year old dorks like to claim credit for other people's work doesn't mean you should cripple the whole game.  Just ignore those people.

Never happening.  You either share your build or don't.  Get used to it, kiddies.

You don't have to censor it, are you a little kid?
Quote from: Badspot
There already is an option for this it's called "single player".  But seriously no one gives a stuff about your stuffty builds so please just play the goddamn game the way it is or panda off and play something else.

Listen up noobs, saving is here to stay.  If you can't handle someone else playing with your build, grow the hell up.

If you start doing gay stuff to break my game, I'm going to start banning you from the master server.  This is a war you don't want to start because I'm the only one with nukes.

If you don't want people "stealing" your builds, put a password on your server or play in single player mode.

Then you'll have to deal with people saving your builds then.  It's a core feature of the game.  This whole topic is as dumb as those javascript crap things that try to stop you from saving images in your browser.  People like to save builds so they can look at them locally and play with them later, or maybe add on to them on their own server.

Just because a few 12 year old dorks like to claim credit for other people's work doesn't mean you should cripple the whole game.  Just ignore those people.

Never happening.  You either share your build or don't.  Get used to it, kiddies.

You don't have to censor it, are you a little kid?
lol, I copied the quote over from this post: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=167917.msg4220675#msg4220675
I didn't realize it was censored

Is this what badspot really said?? Wow...