School out... Not

Author Topic: School out... Not  (Read 1258 times)

You know what gets me? The fact that school for UK students has still not ended. In fact, it ends some time in July for me! I am almost done with my exams (finals it's called in US?) for my (AS) qualifications and go back to start a new course (A2) June 10th all the way up to July.

I don't understand, has almost everyone in the US finished school already? When do US students start school again? Is it only me or do other people in the UK still have school?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:25:41 PM by General »

my last gcse exam is 14th this month lol.
are you in sixth form?

Yeah. When I did my GCSEs I ended school in June though, still late compared to US which I find confusing.

I don't understand how it's a good idea to start a new course after exams though, I am already exhausted and will probably learn nothing in that one month anyway.

This week is my last  :cookieMonster:

I finished school last month, woo.

I finished school last month, woo.
When do you start again?

Same with me, I've got about 5 weeks and I've been so jealous of all the people in US who's school has ended for them :(

When do you start again?

It usually starts around mid- to late August or early September.

Same with me, I've got about 5 weeks and I've been so jealous of all the people in US who's school has ended for them :(

Hey, at least you have free healthcare

It usually starts around mid- to late August or early September.
YOU HAVE 3 loving MONTHS SUMMER VACATION??!?!

YOU HAVE 3 loving MONTHS SUMMER VACATION??!?!
ends in late may for me too, and most often begins in late august

oh but I have two weeks of band camp starting the last week of july though so it's not that great
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:51:24 PM by Night Fox »

Hey, at least you have free healthcare
Liez, I pay £2 for meds at the drug store!

I don't get out until the 17th, but I don't go back until September.

Snow storms from winter caused cancellations; we have to make them up now.

I'm not even going to school this week because I don't want to sit in a hot as forget classroom while a G-rated movie from 4 years ago is playing.

Scotland is highly similar, I believe I'm sitting a similar level to you as I think Highers are equivalent to AS levels?

I sit my final exam tomorrow, then I go back on the 10th of June, but I break up on the 28th. We go back in mid August and I think English schools go back a week later than us seeing as you break up later.

I get out on wednesday.