Poll

Do classic Trench Wars for 2 Weeks? (Old Map, BF3 Weapons, etc). (SCORES/WEAPONS WONT BE CLEARED)

Yes
19 (55.9%)
No
15 (44.1%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Glass Trench Wars [Server Re-Opened, New Map, Horses, etc]  (Read 35006 times)

That's good.
Would it be at all possible to add a feature were admins can see the player reports? With Glass being inactive over the next while it's sort of silly to have one admin manage every report.
Yes, but I can only make it so one admin can see it, but it requires that admin to constantly check their email.

Danny, if you want to keep track, what's your email.

Bim
Pineapple

He found a way to shoot over a block without being able to be shot back at. He's sitting and crouching so his snipers barrel is over the ridge but his hit box is not able to be shot at. This is an exploit and is as bad as covering yourself in dirt.

that's going to happen all the time :U

Bim
Pineapple

He found a way to shoot over a block without being able to be shot back at. He's sitting and crouching so his snipers barrel is over the ridge but his hit box is not able to be shot at. This is an exploit and is as bad as covering yourself in dirt.
We know about all these problems, nothing we can do other than try to catch them. And why do you always complain every time you come to my server? Like seriously, every time you come on you find something to bitch and complain about.

I think you should delay the respawn time to 5 seconds, I found that OP

Yo Danny, the map needs a reset. Also, I don't know if you can fix this, but the flags are broken apparently.

Yo Danny, the map needs a reset. Also, I don't know if you can fix this, but the flags are broken apparently.
Coming to reset it now. By the way Super Admins can reset the map by typing /manualreset. As for the flags I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: The auto resetter dealt with it. If flags ever forget up just reset the minigame.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:16:32 AM by Danny Boy »

You should give points for damage. I suggest that for each point of damage, a player gets 0.001 score points. So if they killed somebody entirely by themselves, they get 0.1 points, which is 10% of what a kill is worth. If this is implemented, players will get points more fairly and their kills won't be "stolen".
I've made a script for damage rewarding in my own server, and if you want, I'd be happy to make one for your server, and with adjustable score rewards for each point of damage.

You should give points for damage. I suggest that for each point of damage, a player gets 0.001 score points. So if they killed somebody entirely by themselves, they get 0.1 points, which is 10% of what a kill is worth. If this is implemented, players will get points more fairly and their kills won't be "stolen".
I've made a script for damage rewarding in my own server, and if you want, I'd be happy to make one for your server, and with adjustable score rewards for each point of damage.
I find it funny that you should post that considering I actually did this for you
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=232581.msg6611799#msg6611799

No thanks, if are ever going to add one I'm probably going to be the one to do it, considering I showed you it in the first place.

Coming to reset it now. By the way Super Admins can reset the map by typing /manualreset. As for the flags I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: The auto resetter dealt with it. If flags ever forget up just reset the minigame.
Thanks. Doesn't resetting the mini game reset scores though?

Thanks. Doesn't resetting the mini game reset scores though?
Nope. The score saver saves the score right before the reset and loads them again right after the reset.

I find it funny that you should post that considering I actually did this for you
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=232581.msg6611799#msg6611799
Then, whoever taught you about the damage function should do it instead of you. The person who taught him should do it instead of him, etc. It eventually leads back to whoever discovered it through console tracing and looking at the default add-ons. And who made those default add-ons and functions? Badspot.
Do you think Badspot could make thousands of add-ons? Do you think we'd have this many if the "teachers" were the only ones to make them?

Then, whoever taught you about the damage function should do it instead of you. The person who taught him should do it instead of him, etc. It eventually leads back to whoever discovered it through console tracing and looking at the default add-ons. And who made those default add-ons and functions? Badspot.
Do you think Badspot could make thousands of add-ons? Do you think we'd have this many if the "teachers" were the only ones to make them?
*sighs*

I'm not saying that.

What I'm saying is that I find it funny that I posted something for you which was essentially what you were suggesting, you didn't post back on that topic to acknowledge that you now understand and the topic just died and then you post here about how you made it.