Author Topic: Is Adobe good for creating games?  (Read 681 times)

Just askin, because i'm going to get a book on programming for adobe and I want to know if Adobe is good.

mmm. flash?

what other adobe stuff CAN do a game

Theres this creative cloud thing made by Adobe, they say you can computer games and Iphone games.

uegh

i'd do something else like unity or torque if i didn't make my own engine

Theres this creative cloud thing made by Adobe, they say you can computer games and Iphone games.
forgetin' Abode, telling me to put my games in a tuna can.

i was thinking of subscribing to the cloud. but thats just how buying the new adobe versions work now. its all the same apps.

adobe is made up of like 30 programs. other then flash i dont know what else could be used to make games.

Unity is good for making games and isn't as unstable as Flash. Flash tends to be handicapped.

Meh, I don't know, I see a lot of games that were created with Adobe.

flash is dying. sure you can make flash games but the only "big" game made in flash that I can think of is binding of isaac and that was extremely high quality.

if you want to make games, learn a language like C++, or an engine like unity

In a chat, they said you could make iphone apps on it, possibly having to import or something. They never told me how it works for some reason in the chat

by the way to develop for iOS you actually need a mac.

If you're really looking to make games for the web, for the love of god please don't use flash.

I realize a lot of popular sites like Newgrounds, Armor Games, Kongregate and the likes all use flash, but as AlsoSulfate said, it's dying, and it's seriously inferior compared to the speed and capabilities that HTML5 can provide alone, with or without <canvas>.

Unity is a popular option, there's also the option of using JavaScript/HTML/CSS to create your game, using a framework such as Crafty.