Author Topic: Is it safe to plug in a HDD after there already is one in?  (Read 1675 times)

I have a 500GB HDD currently installed into my computer.

I also have a 1TB HDD currently laying around just loving wanking it off in the corner of my room

So I want to install the HDD into my computer just for storage usage (it is also kinda slow, 5200RPM).

Though I don't have any real 'setup'
so can I just turn off my computer, plug it in with SATA and the Power Supply, and just turn it on and see it mounted :S?

Yeah, works fine. You might have to change the boot order though if it tries to boot off the second HDD.

I also have a 1TB HDD currently laying around just loving wanking it off in the corner of my room

So I want to install the HDD into my computer just for storage usage (it is also kinda slow, 5200RPM).

so can I just turn off my computer, plug it in with SATA and the Power Supply, and just turn it on and see it mounted :S?
Can you put hot water in cold water?

Can you put hot water in cold water?
uhm?
what?
is that supposed to be helpful in some form or way?

uhm?
what?
is that supposed to be helpful in some form or way?
the answer is no god damn it, you get loving lukewarm water and that's loving USELESS!

Make sure you do wash your motherboard before putting the new hard drive in, it will sanitize all the outputs for you.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 10:38:40 PM by Soukuw »

Just make sure you format it (unless it already has files on it).

can you send me the TB one

can you send me the TB one
I have...

1x 1TB HDD
2x 500GB HDD
3x 250GB HDD
1x 80GB HDD

1x 150GB SSD

3x 1TB External
1x 2TB External

Currently in use:
1x 500GB
1x 2TB External.

:) logic

I also have a question about hard drives, if a bit Off topic

If i bought an external HDD, could I plug that into a USB hub and it'd work fine, or do I have to plug it directly into a port?

yep perfectly safe.

i sometimes just plug or unplug at random

yes
my laptop has two
one of them is only like 1.7GB, so idk why it's there, but it's there
it might be a partition tho
idk
wat
you know what wanking off means
right

just plug everything in

also just a question

how would i combine the partition back into the hard drive thing

i put a old hard drive on my new computer and i dont need the extra bit that was used for recovery in the old computer

red = primary drive
blue = secondary drive (the one i added in)