Author Topic: An MOTE Application  (Read 4140 times)

as said above, macros can be used for soo many things, thats like saying if your making somthing like a map or w/e or typing something you have to type/design it all over again or else it looks bad.
wait... what?

i couldnt modify my post, so i posted another one :/ basically saying why i said "ignorant much"

A better example would be: Posting a great post on another forum, and if you copy, paste it onto another it wont be as great... :cookieMonster:

No, I think it's 'an', since MotE starts with a vowel sound.

At the very least, you sound like an idiot if you use 'a.'
Depends how you pronounce it
Em-Oh-Tee-Ee = An
Moat = A

Personally, I use the latter.
An acronym or a word that begins with a vowel uses "an".
Everything else uses "a". There might be exceptions in some cases, but this is generally how you use it.
Since MotE stands for something, it uses "an".
Just because it is an acronym doesn't mean it has to be pronounced letter by letter. In fact, considering it is an acronym not just an abbreviation it is given the option of word pronunciation.

Just because a word doesn't begin with a vowel, it's not always true that you shouldn't use 'an' instead of 'a'.  Google the phrase "an history" and you'll see what I mean.

GUI is an acronym for Graphical User Interface, but it's pronounced as "goo-wee", therefore it's a GUI.
I believe most members pronounce MotE as "moat", so it'd be a MotE application. Anyway, I think our leader randy should decide whether or not it's M-O-T-E or moat.

So now we have pronunciation issues? Just leave it. People can do whatever.

Well I pronounce it 'moat', so I therefore use a.

The app is okay, but as many people have already stated, it needs more detail, and variety.
Unfortunately for now, it's .

Master of the Elites <- doesn't start with a vowel, therefore there must be 'a' infront. "A Master of the Elites application = A MotE application." MotE may be a shortened version of the name but when reading you still must say the full name.

I've always pronounced MotE: Moat-ee. I say the 'E' at the end. I guess it doesn't really matter. :P

I say

Emm-oh-Tee-ee lol mot-ee thats like, Ussr = Oossr

I think it needs more stuff in the open areas of the castle