Author Topic: [Port Forwarding Issue] Can't host ... Still  (Read 1009 times)

Alright, so, I haven't been able to host for a long long time. I have no idea what the issue is or why it doesn't work, I have been tweaking with setting to get it to work, gotten new modem, route, computer, basically everything that could affect it has been changed.

This is my router page with ports forwarded:

This is that properties page that I was told to change in the tutorial:

When I host my server gets a --- ping and no one can connect, I can't even connect on a dedicated server that I host.
I have tried hosting with my Windows Firewall off and on.
I have the "Disable UPnP" box checked in my Blockland network options.

If you need more info, ask and I will provide.

I'm pretty sure your DNS settings are wrong, unless your computer has a DNS server you should always have one DNS server that is say from your ISP or something like Google (I would just stick with ISP). Even if your server does have a DNS server it's also recommended to have another DNS again like from your ISP or Google because it would help reduce your Internet traffic/bandwidth or whatever.

Oh also, you don't need to do 28000-28030. Just do 28000-28000.

Oh also, you don't need to do 28000-28030. Just do 28000-28000.
I already know it doesn't matter, I just did it because it's what portforward.com told me to do.

I'm pretty sure your DNS settings are wrong, unless your computer has a DNS server you should always have one DNS server that is say from your ISP or something like Google (I would just stick with ISP). Even if your server does have a DNS server it's also recommended to have another DNS again like from your ISP or Google because it would help reduce your Internet traffic/bandwidth or whatever.
Where do I find my ISP's DNS server?

I already know it doesn't matter, I just did it because it's what portforward.com told me to do.
Where do I find my ISP's DNS server?
Go into CMD.exe type "ipcofing /all" without the "" and then look for DNS servers and that should be it.

Go into CMD.exe type "ipcofing /all" without the "" and then look for DNS servers and that should be it.
nice spelling of ipconfig, lawl.

Also, it gives the 2 DNS servers that I had entered in the picture.

nice spelling of ipconfig, lawl.

Also, it gives the 2 DNS servers that I had entered in the picture.

Sorry, I'm on an iPhone. I'm not really sure as to why it's doing that, that's an internal IP so maybe you have a PC at home with a DNS server or unless that's the router? Here is what you can try, take out the Configure manually or whatever on the IPv4 properties and select automatically obtain. Then run ipconfig /all and see if you get different DNS servers. If you do place those in to replace the old ones that you had and you can keep the other settings.

I got the same DNS servers as before.

Did a google search on my ISP and found out that those are my ISP's DNS servers.

HOW? That's an internal IP? I even tried searching it up on whatismyipaddress.com and it doesn't load up.

I think you have another computer on a different segment that has a DNS server in there. Have you asked anyone in your house if they do?