Poll

Next issue

Hoers & LeetZero introduction.
4 (36.4%)
Zombie Hugger #2
7 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Blocklander - A Blockland Webcomic! - Last Issue: "Zombie Hugger"  (Read 4559 times)

Perhaps under the title on the web page I could add such quotations, that's actually a really cool idea.
If only I knew how to make them, but I am sure there is a way.

Blocklander for sure.

off topic: you changed absolutely nothing in that quote
on topic:
I think this would work better if it were a sketch comic, parodying events in-game, on the forums, irc, etc. I don't think a webcomic with story would really fit blockland.
... although actually reading the first post now I guess that's kind of what it is? but it feels limited.
I fixed MY post, I wasn't changing his.

here's a character design

Blocklander is the best option. I would also like to be in this, please.

You could name it Guy on/of the Block

After approximately 1 hour of tackling this thing, I managed to find out how it works.
Will work on an CSS tomorrow.

Needs real blocklander cameos/characters. It would cool if I dropped by with some cool 3D models I've made. Maybe some unreleased stuff.

I really like this idea.

This sounds pretty cool.
I hope it goes well.

You should include Cameo's from Blockland and Forum members, as Blockheads in game.
Could make use of semi-inside-jokes (just try not to be rude. :P)

But I wouldn't recommend asking who wants to be in it. That'd just make this topic into an annoying spammy contest topic with everyone posting "Put me in".
If you do choose people, you should just choose them yourself without telling them and put it in.

All right, new polls regarding comic font.
I'd like you guys to discuss ideas regarding the comic, whether it's regarding comic strips or the page design (which doesn't exist), I'd like to see your ideas.

Regarding font, I'd like to ask if the text in the comic strips you'd like to have the font Comic Sans (most commonly used for comics) or Palatino Linotype (font used in chat).

Will leave this one overnight.

This sounds pretty cool.
I hope it goes well.

You should include Cameo's from Blockland and Forum members, as Blockheads in game.
Could make use of semi-inside-jokes (just try not to be rude. :P)

But I wouldn't recommend asking who wants to be in it. That'd just make this topic into an annoying spammy contest topic with everyone posting "Put me in".
If you do choose people, you should just choose them yourself without telling them and put it in.

This is regarding both you and Demian; what exactly is a Blockland cameo c:

And yeah, as I said, multiple characters will make appearances. Why make it just out of a Noob.
Might even do strips on public servers, not sure how to into camera there, though.

Regarding who wants to be in it, it's not a problem. Mostly they'd  need to give me the images and teh script they want for the strip or eventually assist me whenever I will take screenshots for a new strip.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:31:12 PM by LeetZero »

I'd love to help out if possible.

This is regarding both you and Demian; what exactly is a Blockland cameo c:

And yeah, as I said, multiple characters will make appearances. Why make it just out of a Noob.
Might even do strips on public servers, not sure how to into camera there, though.

Regarding who wants to be in it, it's not a problem. Mostly they'd  need to give me the images and teh script they want for the strip or eventually assist me whenever I will take screenshots for a new strip.
I figured that if this was being done in a webcomic/comic-strip style, then you could have an update where another member appears in it, possibly making fun of a trait of that person.

Off the top of my head...

Blockhead (or w/e you're naming the Noob) visits an empty server to try and get some building practice in.
Then suddenly a player joins. It's Glass.
"Well, that's fine I suppose, I can still build with 1 person watching..."
Uh-oh, all of Glass's Alts join the server and fill it up, swarming our Blockhead.
He can't even move under all the Alt blockheads!

Personally, I prefer the Comic Sans, since it seems easier to read, IMO.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:53:08 PM by sir dooble »