Poll

Next issue

Hoers & LeetZero introduction.
4 (36.4%)
Zombie Hugger #2
7 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Blocklander - A Blockland Webcomic! - Last Issue: "Zombie Hugger"  (Read 4548 times)

I figured that if this was being done in a webcomic/comic-strip style, then you could have an update where another member appears in it, possibly making fun of a trait of that person.

Personally, I prefer the Comic Sans, since it seems easier to read, IMO.

Off the top of my head...

Blockhead (or w/e you're naming the Noob) visits an empty server to try and get some building practice in.
Then suddenly a player joins. It's Glass.
"Well, that's fine I suppose, I can still build with 1 person watching..."
Uh-oh, all of Glass's Alts join the server and fill it up, swarming our Blockhead.
He can't even move under all the Alt blockheads!

[1]Blockhead places down a brick.
[2]Glass joins with text, "Glass" appears over the head of the player, using the creepy smile face.
[3]Faded Glass connected. in the background, the whole place is spammed with Glass, Blockhead has the ASCII Terror face.
Fair enough.

If people want to be in it, should they PM you with a picture of their BL avatar?

[1]Blockhead places down a brick.
[2]Glass joins with text, "Glass" appears over the head of the player, using the creepy smile face.
[3]Faded Glass connected. in the background, the whole place is spammed with Glass, Blockhead has the ASCII Terror face.
Fair enough.
Cameo things and whatnot should be quite easy to make little jokes in.
The Glass one would work well.

You could have another where, say, Badspot is seen to join the server and stands there.
Lots of other "noobs" swarm around him and try to jump over him.
Meanwhile, the real Badspot is on the otherside of the server building without distraction.
He's tricked all the others with a bot!

Do some sort of Ephi and Kalph jokes.

If people want to be in it, should they PM you with a picture of their BL avatar?

What's the point of this when you have the ability to change it whenever and however you want?

Cameo things and whatnot should be quite easy to make little jokes in.
The Glass one would work well.

You could have another where, say, Badspot is seen to join the server and stands there.
Lots of other "noobs" swarm around him and try to jump over him.
Meanwhile, the real Badspot is on the otherside of the server building without distraction.
He's tricked all the others with a bot!

You miss my point.
I have no idea what a cameo is.

It means this comic has no future.

It means this comic has no future.
Is it referring to single-appearances in a comic strip or a character database of sorts?
Don't imply that the comic has no future just because I don't know what the hell a cameo is (and that Google doesn't particulary help).

I need ideas for taglines (What appears under the title).
I am not going to use names.
Added Bushido's taglines, but I could use more.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:15:48 AM by LeetZero »

a cameo is a minimal inclusion of a given thing. most of the time they're one panel wonders that are edited to avoid copyright tussling.
look it up.

for the poll, i'd pick Latino with speech bubbles but that's not on there.

also i'm really trying to think of taglines, will probs post later if i come up with anything

The CSS is mostly updated, you can check it out on the website. I still have to add more graphics.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:14:11 AM by LeetZero »

cam·e·o 
/ˈkamēˌō/
Noun
    2. A short descriptive literary sketch that neatly encapsulates someone or something.

cam·e·o 
/ˈkamēˌō/
Noun
    2. A short descriptive literary sketch that neatly encapsulates someone or something.

That doesn't really help.
A character page?
A comic strip with a character?
A panel with a character?

A cameo is when a known person comes on in a minor part.

That doesn't really help.
A character page?
A comic strip with a character?
A panel with a character?
Super Mario Super Show had loads of cameo's arranging from Dracula to Popeye. Those characters were taken out of their own environment for a single episode to make an appearance in that show, but only for a single episode, AKA they were never heard from again in the world that the SMSS exists in. That is a cameo.

Super Mario Super Show had loads of cameo's arranging from Dracula to Popeye. Those characters were taken out of their own environment for a single episode to make an appearance in that show, but only for a single episode, AKA they were never heard from again in the world that the SMSS exists in. That is a cameo.
I see, well, that helps.

Right now I am having problems with the nav bar.